Albrecht chuck arbor size

Its strange how they can have their name on, where its made and the chuck min / max size but they can not put a part number or taper size on, If you read their website they're saying how fantastic they and their products are, maybe so, but without size / part number whats the point,
Ive also sent them 3 email and no reply, its now costing me time

Last edited:
All mine (4) have it stamped on the rim on the arbor side of chuck. Looks like the one you have pictured has rubbed on something possibly wearing the numbers Off?
Do your arbors have numbers most do? What’s the diameter closest to you maybe we can figure it out that way.

The arbor has B16 on but Im not 100% its correct, I need to get other as its bent at the end and I cant get true center with it but I dont want to get the wrong one

If you have a B16 arbor that goes with it, it sounds like a safe bet to order that taper. I bought mine as 25 year old N.O.S. that came in the box with no arbor. Mine also does not have any taper stamping on the top, but it has fractional range markings on the body. I had to measure the taper against my old copy of the Machinery's Handbook. I was close to JT33, so that's what I ordered. You need only measure the diameter at two points and the distance between the two points. The rest is simple algebraic interpolation, unless you like doing sines and angles for fun. It fit and works great, never comes loose, and runs true. I love that chuck.

I mean the 1/8 - 3/8 markings (fractional) as opposed to the 0 - 10 markings (metric). Just further clarification, that's all.

Back