Allen Wrench Storage

I just have a set at each machine and the rest go in the proper drawer in the tool box, loose spares go in the aux storage drawer. I buy sets in the plastic holders so that's what I keep them in. I only buy Allen, Bondhus, or Eklind long ball end, and the steel folding sets. Counted individually, I probably have a few hundred.

They look like Powerbuilts to me. Well that's the brand I have seen that looks like those, not sure if there are other brands.

They look like Powerbuilts to me. Well that's the brand I have seen that looks like those, not sure if there are other brands.

Yes, they are Powerbuilts; I ordered a set of each. They sell for about $100 a set on Powerbuilt’s website. I found them for $65 with free shipping on Amazon. If this keeps me from scrounging around every time I want a hex key it will be worth it. They look to be very well made and now I can at least tell the metric from imperial at a glance. Thanks for the info and for helping me spend my $.

Yes, they are Powerbuilts; I ordered a set of each. They sell for about $100 a set on Powerbuilt’s website. I found them for $65 with free shipping on Amazon. If this keeps me from scrounging around every time I want a hex key it will be worth it. They look to be very well made and now I can at least tell the metric from imperial at a glance. Thanks for the info and for helping me spend my $.

Awesome & they do look nice! I considered them too at one point. "Always happy to help!" but this one is on chippermat for posting the pic! ;)

It appears there is some controversy about the origin of hex keys and hex socket screws. The British would have us believe that they were originally invented, patented and manufactured first in Britain. The original Unbrako brand was and still is my favourite.. I still have some keys left over from my apprentice days, 60 years ago.

Back