Always wear your goggles.

since it's an aluminum block , mix up some alum and water, it will disolve the hss . warm the mixture up before using it. Alum is available at your supermarket.

My strategy is two fold:
#1) get old
#2) buy safety glasses with bifocal zoom lenses on the bottom; if I can't see it then I can't grind/drill/turn/mill or tap it!

Brian

Let's see how smart AI is.

This is the quote from the AI bot
Alum does not dissolve broken drill bits made from high-speed steel. High-speed steel is a type of steel that is designed to maintain its hardness and strength at high temperatures, making it ideal for cutting tools such as drill bits. High-speed steel is resistant to corrosion and is not easily dissolved by most acids or bases, including alum.

It's possible that alum is being used as a chemical agent to assist in the removal of broken drill bits made from high-speed steel, but it is not the alum itself that is dissolving the steel. Other factors such as mechanical force, heat, or other chemicals may be at play in breaking down the steel and aiding in its removal. It's important to note that the removal of broken drill bits from metal surfaces should be performed with caution and the appropriate safety equipment to avoid injury or damage to the surface being worked on

I bought Alum and will try it in the morning.

Let's see how smart AI is.

This is the quote from the AI bot

I bought Alum and will try it in the morning.
Two hours in 150 degree Alum bath. Bubbles are there but the bit still seems to be intact. I have all day so I'll just leave it in there for a few more hours.
On a different note, and a bright spot. I thought that was my last 1/8" drill bit until I was digging through my plethora of pop rivets, screws and set screws and found I have 9 more new ones. Better quality ones this time.

Back