An 11" South Bend

Re: An 11

blame582 link=topic=1635.msg11749#msg11749 date=1303625823 said:
ron you can always send me your Chinese wedge type QCTP ;D ;D ;D

What? Does MOSS stand for Manchurian Operational Steel Shop? ;) ;D

Hey, I didn't say I wouldn't use them... and there's the rub. It doesn't feel right with all the made in China stuff but I'm too cheap to actually replace a perfectly good tool. :)

Desmo - Yeah, you'd think, if anything, that would have one of those MiC things but they probably sourced it out to India. ;)

-Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: An 11

knudsen link=topic=1635.msg11890#msg11890 date=1303739329 said:
it's got MADE IN CHINA stamped in huge letters across it.

Grind it off ;D

Another practical and helpful tip. You guys are amazing. ::) ;D

Today I marked some kind of "milestone" with my lathe. I put up a couple of overhead shop lights in the garage I'm keeping it in and moved it to the back of the garage under the lights. I actually plugged it in and let it run for a couple of minutes. It was much more quiet than I would have figured.

I am a little concerned with the leveling/setup of it though. When I put the level on it was mighty close to perfect. Spot on by the head and a couple of marks off at the tail. What concerns me though is that I can just lift/push on the end of the stand and change how it sets by enough to make me a little leery. I will let it sit now for a couple of days before I try to do any actual leveling just to be sure but am letting the OCD get to me more than I should? It would be great to get something like the original cast iron "stands" that I've seen in the old catalogs but they aren't exactly jumping out of the woodwork.

Opinions?

-Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Back