Another too good to be true item??

I don't believe the scammer will actually get anything out of their efforts?!?!?!? My best guess is that ebay will be the ones that might end up with the buyers money if they shut down a scammer and the buyer does not file a claim??????
My hunch is that the scammers aren't really the root of the problem. I purpose that the real problem is that ebay enables these scammers and takes their cut of the profit!
So, you're saying eBay is the real scammer by profiting from the scam attempts of other scammers? Sort of scamming their legitimate customers and the scammers. I suspect the FTC would frown on that.

Tom

So, you're saying eBay is the real scammer by profiting from the scam attempts of other scammers? Sort of scamming their legitimate customers and the scammers. I suspect the FTC would frown on that.

Tom

They are very secretive... does anyone know how they actually do operate?

I'm not 100% positive, but I think they charge sellers to sell stuff. :)

Tom

I'm not 100% positive, but I think they charge sellers to sell stuff. :)

Tom

Ebay takes a pretty decent percentage cut from each item sold.

Some times they have a "Free, no fee auction promotion". I would guess this is how the scammers get their feedback... without having to pay ebay.

Auction Final Value Fees for eBay Store Subscribers
Selling PriceFinal Value Fees
Item not soldNo fee
$0.01 to $50.008.75% of the final selling price
$50.01 to $1,000.008.75% of the initial $50.00, plus 4% of the remaining final
selling price ($50.01 to $1,000.00)
Equal to or over $1,000.018.75% of the initial $50.00, plus 4% of the next $50.01 to
$1,000.00, plus 2% of the remaining final selling price ($1,000.01
to final price)

Last edited:
The free auctions only applies to $0.35 insertion fee.

That is an old final value fee list, or one for sellers that have an ebay store.. It's been 10% for a long time now.

When I started selling on ebay I think the final fee was 5.5% or something like that. I think the money back guaranty is a big part of why they've gone up so much.

So you guys buying scam %^&* is costing me money! ;)

You should something from me to make up for it. ;)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/dallas-mus...ame=STRK:MESE:IT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

What you fail to recognize is that, for many of us, this has become a game. No one seriously believes they will receive one of these. Even if I don't get my money back, I've had a week of entertainment for $46.73. I've lost more than that in 15 minutes in Reno with just about the same chance of being a winner.

That's 2 30 packs of Colorado Cool Aid which would provide me with a few days of entertainment . ( as long as the mountains are blue ) :big grin:

160 posts, accomplishing... nothing!, while taking a chance with your money. I would rather watch the grass grow. For those who have continued to post this far into it, I have a bridge I would like to sell you...

Bob , come on over , the grass is growing and the paint is drying . BTW , where and how much for the bridge :beer:

I think the only thing getting divided here will be hard earned $$$$ from fools buying this junk . :grin:

Where is everybody? This thread died quickly once any hope of this being legit was gone. I thought you guys were in it solely for the entertainment. It doesn't appear now that that was the case.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but come on, you guys shouldn't be at all surprised with the outcome.

Back