Another too good to be true item??

Just did my ebay appeal since I got nothing from the seller, and got the refund almost immediately:

We didn't receive valid tracking information from the seller.
Final decision:
This case was found in your favor.

I'd also done the VFD, but my communication with the seller time doesn't expire until the 28th.

Just did my ebay appeal since I got nothing from the seller, and got the refund almost immediately:

We didn't receive valid tracking information from the seller.
Final decision:
This case was found in your favor.

I'd also done the VFD, but my communication with the seller time doesn't expire until the 28th.
So what was the shipping tracker says? Mine is last seen June 20 at Xi'an EMS.
I am waiting until tomorrow to file. So I suppose you messaged the seller with no response?

So what was the shipping tracker says? Mine is last seen June 20 at Xi'an EMS.
I am waiting until tomorrow to file. So I suppose you messaged the seller with no response?
Mine said something like that. I did the 'I didn't receive the item' thing which had me send a message to the seller, then gave them a few days to respond. I went in today and clicked on the same form to have ebay step in, and they immediately refunded.

I ended up having a Fluke 100 from China fail to be delivered as well (Did the "Business Closed" scam) that was also immediately refunded.

When I was in the middle of moving and spent my first night at the new place my phone exploded with emails and PayPal notifications. We hadn't got our internet installed yet and apparently in the middle of the night I had just enough signal to receive emails but not enough to open them or make calls.

I had made over 50 sales of high end electronics and had well over $8000 deposited in my PayPal account.
I don't sell electronics just transmission parts. I've been on eBay for 20 years with a perfect feedback rating.

I had to drive down the hill to get signal and called eBay. They told me to get on my computer and then call them back. I explained that I had just moved and had no internet and was limited to my phone. They told me a phone has limited functionality and I needed my computer. I told them I was not going to get on public Wi-Fi with my computer. So after arguing for awhile I got ahold of their fraud unit and they asked many questions to verify my identity.

So after that he told me I was a prime target because I'd been on eBay for 20 years and had a perfect feedback so when people looked at that they would not hesitate to buy from me. The hackers tried to get into my PayPal but couldn't. So after a 2 hour phone call I got all the fake items cancelled and money refunded. Was quite an ordeal.

So within a couple of hours I started getting emails from people asking why I cancelled their orders. One said she was low income and needed the tablet for her sons school work. This was after eBay sent everyone an email telling them the items were fake and my account had been hacked.

So all seemed OK. Then about two weeks later when I tried to order materials from 6061dude (stoner metals) I found out I had been blocked. Turns out eBay notified everyone I bought from and had them block me. So after looking I finally got most of the phone numbers and called the suppliers and got them to unblock me.

Then, two weeks later my debit card was involved in the Home Depot breach and my card was automatically cancelled without them even calling me. I got a notification in the mail a week later.

About a month ago I got a call from my banks fraud department and asked me if I'd ordered $67 worth of food from Burger King in New Jersey. So card cancelled again.

Bad things can happen to decent people. When I see the too good to be true I stay away from them.

Just minutes ago, I got a full refund from eBay.
The refund is verified in my PPal account.

Here is the test from eBay email :

You've been given a full refund

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately, we didn't receive valid tracking information from the seller. We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase.
We refunded US $54.46 to your original payment method, which includes item price, shipping, and tax. Please allow 48 hours for it to process.
See case details

BS-0 5" Indexing Dividing Spiral Head 3-Jaw Chuck Tailstock CNC Milling New
Seller:
fpvmodrtgfa

Amount: $49.96
Quantity: 1
Case #: 5202XXXXXX
Case opened: Jun 20, 2019
Case closed: Jun 27, 2019

It's been a fun ride o_O:oops::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::surrender:

I filed a dispute with ebay today for the 2 items I ordered. They said the seller has 3 days to respond or make it right and if he doesn't they will process refunds. I'm sure this is a scam. Not quite sure how or what, but imagine 5-10 days gives them plenty of time to sell thousands of dollars worth of items, withdraw or transfer the cash and close the bank account. Doubt that ebay can catch, prosecute or even locate the seller in some of the more obscure foriegn bank locations.

Last edited:
I filed a dispute with ebay today for the 2 items I ordered. They said the seller has 3 days to respond or make it right and if he doesn't they will process refunds.
In 3 days you have to go in and click to have them 'step in' to do the refund. I don't think it happens automatically.

Just got delivery notification of one of the items. Delivered to a mail box in MD. I'm in Arizona. Wouldn't fit in a mail box anyway! Called ebay again. Said they were reporting seller to fraud dept and issuing a refund, so we'll see.

Back