Another too good to be true item??

How do you guys have time (and patience) to deal with this stuff? I don't, not at all. I'm convinced it's just better to go with Amazon or order from a brick and mortar source, even if it costs a little more. Someplace with a phone number to call. Going "fishing" for deals and hoping to pull out a China-made whopper of a bargain just doesn't jive with my good sense. No intent to offend, I'm just baffled when these threads come up. If nothing else, it's good marketing research we can benefit from.

I got one refund today, I have to wait until the 28th to file for the other.

Curious if any others gave the same tracking numbers, here is mine.

LT810901156CN
LT810901099CN

I never been a fan of eBay and now I know why. It look like it is not too hard to get your money back but still must be a hassle.

How do you guys have time (and patience) to deal with this stuff? I don't, not at all. I'm convinced it's just better to go with Amazon or order from a brick and mortar source, even if it costs a little more. Someplace with a phone number to call. Going "fishing" for deals and hoping to pull out a China-made whopper of a bargain just doesn't jive with my good sense. No intent to offend, I'm just baffled when these threads come up. If nothing else, it's good marketing research we can benefit from.

I'm on there for several reasons. First is my sales. EBay reaches people and places I could never on my own. I've sent my transmission parts to over a dozen different countries. Hot rodders are everywhere it seems. My 60 day sales total is as of today is $3053. It's been as high as $4900. My total sales in 20 years is $159,000.

And then there are the deals I find. I needed a 1" roughing end mill for aluminum. New I found one for $120 plus shipping. I found the same one on eBay for $45 shipped.

Stoner metals has deals on their aluminum. They have small quantities sometimes with free shipping. I'm currently using 1-1/2" x 2" aluminum bar. He has 3 pieces 12" long for $40 and free shipping. If you get the 18" long ones it's $20 for shipping. So I order 10 of the 12" long ones and don't pay shipping. I cut them at 4" so this works out perfectly for me.

I have a web site for my parts and I often get comments about customers checking my eBay feedback and that puts them over the top to purchase from me.

EBay isn't perfect, neither is anything else. They told me they have over 100 full time people in their fraud department. Just think how wonderful it would be if all the low life's out there got a real job. But that will never happen. And if it did what would happen to the business of stopping fraud? I'm betting millions of people would be out of a job

How did get your 20 year total sales? I don't how to do that.

I have never thought to look at those numbers. I just did. My last 30 day of sales was less than $1K, but I had a good income tax return season and sold $10,845.20 in the last 90 days.. 12 month sales shows $30,728.00. That's much more than I realized.

Ebay, is just like the tools in our shop. When used on the correct problem it can be perfect. Used incorrectly it can be ineffective or even dangerous.
or something like that :cool:

How did get your 20 year total sales? I don't how to do that.

I have never thought to look at those numbers. I just did. My last 30 day of sales was less than $1K, but I had a good income tax return season and sold $10,845.20 in the last 90 days.. 12 month sales shows $30,728.00. That's much more than I realized.

A few years ago before eBay thought of another way to screw us out of more money you could go on and see your total lifetime sales. I think you can now in their analytics application but you pay for that.

I've been keeping track of my yearly sales through PayPal. I just add my sales to my total every year.

The free PayPal business app gives you two years of sales figures. Compares this year to last year, gives you average sale amounts, best and worst months.

I wonder what the next "too good to be true" thread will be on. Wait a couple of months and you know it will happen. You also know that the outcome will be exactly the same as it was before. Someone once said something about doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result...

Back