Another "tool gloat", hey, it's Christmas right???

ScrapMetal

Active User
Registered
Just had this delivered yesterday...

radiicutter.JPG

As you can see it's a used Holdridge 8-D Radii Cutter. It should work perfectly with my 11" South Bend. I got what I think was a great deal on it and couldn't pass it up. :biggrin:

-Ron

radiicutter.JPG

Now that's a fancy Xmas present, I saw one on ebay but it was out of my pocket range. Any way nice score. Paul

Some People just have to suffer so badly during the Christmas Season. LOL

Thanks guys. Nothing like getting "new" toys to play with. :biggrin: While I'm at it, here is another little acquisition, this one from e-bay:

zerocenter.JPG

I was considering building one but by the time I got the raw materials and some extra tooling that I'd need to finish it properly, it was cheaper just to pick up a used one off the bay.

-Ron

zerocenter.JPG

Nice Score Ron

I guess you deserve the (You Suck) :thumbzup::thumbzup::drink2:
Those are probably the best out there. ya done good :thumbsup:

Just had this delivered yesterday...

radiicutter.JPG

As you can see it's a used Holdridge 8-D Radii Cutter. It should work perfectly with my 11" South Bend. I got what I think was a great deal on it and couldn't pass it up. :biggrin:

-Ron

I'm guessing from the looks of it that it's a very high end ball turning fixture (amongst other radii)? Nice score! It doesn't even look like it's ever been used! Definitely worth a "you suck!"

John

radiicutter.JPG

I am unfamiliar with this tool, how do you set it up and use it?

Which, the radii cutter or the zero-center?

The zero-center is used like a coaxial indicator on a mill. You mount the stepped post in your quill using a collet or end mill holder. A dial indicator is attached to the left side (in the pic) of the block. You can then use it to center a circle or other misc. pieces to the quill. Here's a similar one from Enco's website:

The radii cutter is just that. The big crescent shaped thing is attached to the compound/cross slide of a lathe and is used to cut a radius/circle/globe. Here's a pic from Holdridge's web site:

Hope that helps,

-Ron

Back