Anti-fatigue Mat for Compressor?

Chips O'Toole

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Now that my compressor is back with me, I want to put something under it to cushion it. I can't find the tire scraps I used to use. Has anyone tried putting an 80-gallon compressor on an anti-fatigue mat? Seems like it ought to be perfect.

I have tried the expensive sandwich pads. They peel apart. Really useless.

The anti-fatigue mats I'm familiar would likely break down in a few weeks. I have mine mounted on scraps of 2x4, works great for me.

John

Anti-fatigue mats aren't firm enough IMO. I mounted mine on spare neoprene machiney mounts.

Check out anti-vibration pads for washer & dryers at your local big box hardware store.

I use horse-mat in front of my mill and lathe. Saves the feet. You could buy a mat, cut off a strip from one end to cut up for the compressor feet and use the rest in front of some equipment. Horse mats are made from old tires and are pretty tough in my experience. The store-bought anti-fatigue mats can be kind of soft.

My compressor has been mounted on 2x4's similar to a pallet since it was new in 1965. I had to replace a broken one about 5 years ago. As far as I know all the others are factory fresh.

Another vote for the horse mats. Worked well using small squares under my compressor legs, and also for fatigue mats. Mike

Yup, horse stall mats. Very tough. I use them in front of my machines as anti-fatigue mats. The anti-fatigue mats are too soft and will break down quickly.

I have my compressors mounted on 2 bys, with no padding. But am going to set my air dryer on a mat, it drives me crazy sometimes, sends the vibration right through the floor and seems to amplify it. Setting right above my lathe on the mezzanine.

Last edited:
I use hockey pucks under the compressor's feet.

I had bought (5) hunks at an estate sale. (4) full, and a bunch of cut up pieces. Neighbor had horses and a new horse barn at the time.
I gave him the full size pads and kept the scraps. :bang head:
Never thought of using them for anti-fatigue pads at the time. . .

Back