Anti-fatigue Mat for Compressor?

I screwed down my 80gal air compressor to a wood pallet made from 2x6s and 4x4s..... no more floor vibration noise....

Now that my compressor is back with me, I want to put something under it to cushion it

Why? Will you allow the compressor to flex its output hoses, to keep the floor from vibrating, or
do you want to keep the output hoses rigid, and trust the floor not to move much? I've seen
dedicated concrete pads for vibration isolation, with or without a pallet or other resilient underpinning,
where a delicate nearby process had to be protected.

Question for the horse mat users. Is it really effective as an anti-fatigue mat? I've owned a horse and recall that those mats are pretty hard but I admit to not thinking about them as padding for myself. If they actually do work I will go get one for my shop.

Question for the horse mat users. Is it really effective as an anti-fatigue mat? I've owned a horse and recall that those mats are pretty hard but I admit to not thinking about them as padding for myself. If they actually do work I will go get one for my shop.

It's softer than concrete. I like them.

Thanks, Jim. I think I might just go get one.

Wish I had known about horse mats, sounds like they may have been a cheaper solution to try. I have Wearwell anti-fatigue mats, kind of pricey though. We used them at my old work. I had mine custom sized, they have tapered ends. But that's ok, I like them, had em for about 10 yrs now & they are still holding up fine.

(Don't mind what's under the sheet, next project)
20200201_153256.jpg

I'm four minutes from Tractor Supply, so the horse mat sounds great to me. It's a little expensive compared to tire scraps, but because it's so big, I can also put my air dryer on it and keep it from scooting around on the concrete.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Now I have to figure out how to get it under the compressor. I guess I'll have to lean it and do one side at a time. Can't get the tractor into corner to lift it.

I have 8 ~ 1" polyurethane body bushings that I use for my 80 gallon compressor, Chips you can have 4., address? Mikey, same for you if you wish. You need to use expansion bolts, and anchor it though.

Thanks, Mike. I would use it for me, not a machine. Old legs need some relief!

Back