Any trials riders here?

Totally hear you @C-Bag. My mind is so completely blown I need to go sit in my shop for a while and contemplate this new reality.:beer bottles:

Haha, and I bet you guys all thought I'm actually in Cali. I'm actually in New Nantonia.

The docs video is making me want to hit the trails . I haven't been up to the mountains this year . This virus thing has really been a bumber as far as going up to New York . I have no bikes left other than a Honda 70 , but still sitting on 3 Honda 400EXs in the garage . Love taking it easy on the trails and could drive them forever and never see the same place twice .

I had a Honda 305, and a Yamaha 250 high compression calf thumper. Ridden, but not conquered....

I had gotten into trials bikes a few years ago and what a difference it makes in understanding the various skills. I had raced hair scrambles back in the mid 80’s and 90’s with an 84 xr200r RFVC that I put Simmons forks on, changed to an 18” rear wheel, ported the crap out of the head etc. Ran the crap out of it, was great in tight woods and mud. Still have it but in pieces. Had Husky 350 thumpers, xr600,400’s, kdx’s, Husaberg fe501 bla Bla bla. Figured I’d try a trials bike and bought 4 in six months. Not the easiest to come by so when I found one I bought it. First impression was “this can’t be fun” I was so beat trying to go slow. That can’t be right! After a few more outings it all came clear about the finesse needed rather than twist and go. Really enjoyed it but I got rear ended a while back and my riding days may be over, haven’t tried yet. First purchase was an 88 Merlin DG388, at turd Beta Tr34 project, a SWM TL320, then a 94 GG JT250. Just recently picked up a Yamaha TY350, why, I guess because it was there. I’ve sold the Beta and GG. Anyway my favorite to ride is the SWM probably because I’m getting close to the old fart age. Hopefully I’ll be able to get back into it some day. Here’s a few pics.AF143F40-7460-46EB-858A-9126B718CC34.jpegAC21B849-441C-429D-B5D1-BF078DEF8EBC.jpeg00F32EEC-D6C3-44DD-A7F9-5188849E6C6F.jpeg

The US/Canada border is closed to all non-essential travel...
Tell that to this guy:

I was thinking that perhaps ToT was in Ohio for some odd reason.
Lot's of package openings from McMasterCarr. Several USPS Priority packages.
One other thing would be to go back and check his bathroom faucet repair videos, they didn't strike me a European style.
But then @GoceKU has seen the same machines near him. . .
Damn fine videos no matter.

Hypothetically, if my wife landed a job at the US consulate in Skopje, Macedonia (just down the road from GoceKU), we would be entitled to a foreign move, where they take the first 30,000 lbs of stuff I point at and ship it to me at my new duty location. I would be able to receive US Mail (priority, mainly) and if I opened an account for McMaster before changing my address, I could have McMaster and Priority mail boxes too. And with my wife's hypothetical good paying position, I could probably make youtube vids in my spare time. Old industrial iron from the eastern blockade is fairly cheap, I suppose that would make a decent hobby...

I lived for over 10 years in Germany on a similar status. I only made the movers suffer a little getting the miniature overseas version of my workshop back to the US when I was done. I would have brought a Deckel mill back with me, but would have needed a fork lift and bigger bribes for the moving crew than the AM coffee and donuts and PM beer that I was supplying.

I was thinking that perhaps ToT was in Ohio for some odd reason.
Lot's of package openings from McMasterCarr. Several USPS Priority packages.

See his go kart video 4 link:
Go to 5:10, you'll see his son drive past a truck (tractor trailer) european truck, cab over engine with italian number plate, they are distinctive because only they have blue stripes on boths sides and are short. That place looks like every big parking lot ( truck stop) here. I don't think european trucks with italian plates don't just lay in parking lots in the US, here they do.
tonny.jpg

Only thing that I would change is the helmet. It looks waaaaay too big.

Back