Any trials riders here?

That looked like a blast Doc!
sure was, it was when the lockdown first occurred and there were talks about reopening
i couldn't wait and got the itch real bad

since i'm not a dust eater, i'm waiting for a bit of rain to dampen the ground :nail biter::nail biter::nail biter:

funny thing is, i have done something similar
(but not as near a bridge- i was hanging on a tree branch as my front end hit an unexpected low in the creek :frown:)

Trail or enduro riding on my Yamaha CT175, or trials riding on my Fathers TL125 Honda 74 to 78 was good times fer me
specially when I bought my 66 GTO in 75............................................ :grin:

I did a short couple of years riding enduro with my Suzuki 185. But I didn’t have a truck so was limited to where I could go. Being a wheeler dealer I bumped into a guy who had a Maico 360 that the engine was strong but it needed work for $400. Tore it down and which was good as it had a crack in the frame under the engine. Did the whole resto on it and rode it once and knew I’d bit off way more than I could chew. I’ve ridden some fast bikes and that scared me. My brother, being fearless bought it off me and it scared him so he sold it to a guy who was a semi pro and he raced it. He lost control of it and ended up with a spiral fracture and almost lost his leg. Long before he crashed he called it widowmaker. I can’t even imagine what the 501cc was like. It looked like this one but yellow.
1598414868677.jpeg

I recall reading a test of the Maico 500.
No powerband to speak of. Basically off or on with no warning. I believe the magazine editors also called it a widow maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back