Anybody recommend Dandy Drawers?

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Yeah, it's not clickbait.

I need to do a serious organization of the shop and began to contemplate making wood or sheetmetal drawers. In my search for plans, I stumbled across Dandy Drawers.

Anybody use them? Would you recommend?

I'm not keen on using plastic when wood or steel is my preferred material. However time is getting away from me and I would like a faster solution.

No experience with them, but it certainly looks interesting. Organization is an ongoing challenge for me. Their online store is "closed", that's disconcerting.

They look interesting. Not my style as I'd prefer to make wood drawers. When I have time. So I guess these would work ;)

I don't have knowledge of that brand.
I do have large ones by a retail brand.
they came with their own frames. I got them at a garage sale, two stacks.
I quickly realized why they were being sold. When weighted the sides pucker (bow) in, and they don't stay in the rails. This because they are large and poorly reinforced. I resolved some of it, by shortening the crossbars, they were too wide by the manufacturer, probably due to their original size, not loaded size.

I would ask them if they guarantee them for satisfaction.
Good luck.

They certainly look interesting. Cheap Economical enough to gamble and buy a pack.

No experience with them, but it certainly looks interesting. Organization is an ongoing challenge for me. Their online store is "closed", that's disconcerting.
Dang I didn't get that far. Maybe I will call on Tuesday and see if they are still in business.

They look interesting. Not my style as I'd prefer to make wood drawers. When I have time. So I guess these would work ;)
My preference order is 1) wood, 2) sheetmetal, 3) plastic. Obviously, plastic is cheap and fast and durable enough. Wood is better at moisture absorption. Sheetmetal is going to be the most resilient but likely the most expensive or at least neck and neck with wood.

At this point, I'm just looking to buy time.

Let us know if you find out anything.

Now if you come up with drill storage cabinet like the ones Hout,. You may have a winner.
Vevor sells drill storage cabinets similar to Hout. But they are out of stock ,their pricing seems good at $89 CDN. I don't what the quality is though
I emailed them a couple of months ago and they advised that they have no idea as to when they will more stock

Back