Anyone else get carried away with 3d printed tool storage?

What's gone wrong with Thingiverse?
Hoping to give this a try in the next couple of weeks. My printer will be shipped soon.

It still works, but oddly many of the models I upload don't show up for nearly a week sometimes. Sometimes they can't be found in searches for awhile, then suddenly they show up again as if they were never gone. When you add a pic, or modify a file it takes forever for the edits to show up.

Printables seems to be working 100%, and everything takes effect immediately. Printables is owned/run by Prusa and they seem to stay on top of things. It seems well run.

I made a piece for our shower. The shower head is pretty high for my wife, and doesn't always want to get her hair wet. In the photo I had just inserted a washer as there is a magnet in the shower head. I have since added a magnet to my bracket and it holds the shower head real nice. I did not do the Print in Place thing.

20221029_204251.jpg

20221029_205112.jpg

20221029_204935.jpg

I like your designs @Ken226 . They are not only functional but also aesthetically pleasing.

My Prusa is still on the fritz. Three chat sessions with Prusa customer support and numerous attempts at various fixes have not worked yet.

I like your designs @Ken226 . They are not only functional but also aesthetically pleasing.

My Prusa is still on the fritz. Three chat sessions with Prusa customer support and numerous attempts at various fixes have not worked yet.

Thanks.

What problem are you having with your Prusa?

Diagnosing electronics can be maddening! I keep new replacements on hand for to common failure points on flashforge printers. Mostly, a spare bed and replacement thermocouples. None have failed yet (knock on wood).

Last edited:
I initially had a heat bed thermal runaway which I traced back to the Molex connector on the Rambo board. It had been arcing and eventually failed. I purchased a new board from Prusa, and now I have a hot-end thermal runaway. I have replaced the thermistor and the heater cartridge with no change. The hot-end thermal runaway shows up shortly after the cooling fan starts, even though I have it limited to 40%. Prusa has been good on CS chat, but last night they wanted me to try a Beta firmware with some custom M-code. I could not get it to work.

I initially had a heat bed thermal runaway which I traced back to the Molex connector on the Rambo board. It had been arcing and eventually failed. I purchased a new board from Prusa, and now I have a hot-end thermal runaway. I have replaced the thermistor and the heater cartridge with no change. The hot-end thermal runaway shows up shortly after the cooling fan starts, even though I have it limited to 40%. Prusa has been good on CS chat, but last night they wanted me to try a Beta firmware with some custom M-code. I could not get it to work.

That sounds pretty frustrating. Having replaced the board, thermistor and heater seems to cover nearly everything involved in that closed loop cycle.

It's probably the first thing you checked, but the wiring harness connections between the thermister and board?

I had a head scratcher last year of a failed extruder fan. Every part involved tested good.

I replaced the fan, board, etc. I couldn't figure it out, and just used the printer as a single extruder printer for a long time.

Finally I decided to use the resistance setting on my multimeter to check continuity through the wiring harness, between the fan connector and motherboard fan headers. One single wire was broken, inside the insulation, with no insulation damage whatsoever. Once I found the dead wire, I split the insulation and found the break at about the midpoint.

Yeah, I checked the resistance for the heater cartridge and the thermistor. They are within spec.
I'm on Prusa chat again here, and I disabled the cooling fan. It is working now, but why did it work with the cooling fan before the board replacement now when the fan comes on it cools the head and I get the error. Arrrggghhh.

Back