Anyone else get carried away with 3d printed tool storage?

Maybe a dumb idea but are the thermistor leads reversed?
Pierre

Yeah, I checked the resistance for the heater cartridge and the thermistor. They are within spec.
I'm on Prusa chat again here, and I disabled the cooling fan. It is working now, but why did it work with the cooling fan before the board replacement now when the fan comes on it cools the head and I get the error. Arrrggghhh.
Bummer Neil, I hope you get it figured out soon.

Failed design but it looks cool. I forgot to accommodate all the protrusions on the lid. Eight hours to go on Rev 2.

20221103_114252.jpg

20221103_120120.jpg

20221103_120155.jpg

20221103_122331.jpg

Maybe a dumb idea but are the thermistor leads reversed?
Pierre
The thermistor has a connector installed from the factory. I would suppose that the leads may be reversed, but I now think it is either the heater cartridge or the power supply. I was on chat with Prusa again yesterday (4th time, so their customer support is pretty darn good), but their "fix" was to slow the cooling fan down. I find it interesting that I have never had this issue before until my old board went. I think I will reinstall the old heater cartridge to see if there is a change. I only replaced it because I thought, "why not" I have it apart.

I have decided to build a Voron 2.4r. A friend and co-worker is going to be building the Voron Trident, so we are going to do this together to help each other out. I have the tools and machines to do the frames and whatever else we need. The plan is to print the necessary ABS parts off at work on the Ultimaker. :grin:

https://vorondesign.com/voron2.4

Tom Sanladerer's Video

Dr. D-Flo's Veron 2.4r build.

BTW, thermistors don't have a direction or polarity... its just a weird resistor.
Thermocouples and active temperature sensors DO have polarity.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

The thermistor has a connector installed from the factory. I would suppose that the leads may be reversed, but I now think it is either the heater cartridge or the power supply. I was on chat with Prusa again yesterday (4th time, so their customer support is pretty darn good), but their "fix" was to slow the cooling fan down. I find it interesting that I have never had this issue before until my old board went. I think I will reinstall the old heater cartridge to see if there is a change. I only replaced it because I thought, "why not" I have it apart.

I have decided to build a Voron 2.4r. A friend and co-worker is going to be building the Voron Trident, so we are going to do this together to help each other out. I have the tools and machines to do the frames and whatever else we need. The plan is to print the necessary ABS parts off at work on the Ultimaker. :grin:

https://vorondesign.com/voron2.4

Tom Sanladerer's Video

Dr. D-Flo's Veron 2.4r build.

That looks like a fun project. Looking forward to following along on your build.

Well, I hate to admit it, but I hosed up Rev 2 of my screwdriver holder. I made two errors in my measurements. I'm not sure how I messed up on measuring the slot that I missed altogether the first time, but I did. I cut the tab off of the lid and superglued it over a bit so works. The other error was close enough that just a little massaging it works as is. I lot better than the old broken up piece that I started with. Still disappointing that I messed up twice in a row.

20221104_083146.jpg

Well, I hate to admit it, but I hosed up Rev 2 of my screwdriver holder. I made two errors in my measurements. I'm not sure how I messed up on measuring the slot that I missed altogether the first time, but I did. I cut the tab off of the lid and superglued it over a bit so works. The other error was close enough that just a little massaging it works as is. I lot better than the old broken up piece that I started with. Still disappointing that I messed up twice in a row.

View attachment 425562

Excellent work.

Only two revisions for a part with that much geometry is a good day.

I spent a few hours today designing an ER20 collet rack and an R8 collet rack. The current ones are screwed to the wall.

these have 5/16" holes with spacing to accomodate the 3034-Lite T-slot rail im using. Though, with washers and wood screws they could be wall mounted as well, if you have wood to screw them into. Not sure I'd trust the weight to drywall anchors.

About 18 hours print time for each one :0

I tried for a more curvy, organic look. To match some of my other recent tool racks.

Untitled.jpg

R8 Collet Rack 2.jpg

Back