Anyone ever seen a dust cover that could cover a Mill?

Besides being dirt cheap. Used bedsheets drape easily and less bulky than thicker options. Easily washed when they get too dirty also.

I like the quilted moving blankets from HF there under $10. And they stay on the machines. But that's my pick. One little grab by a tool and the sheets are shredded. Give me the blankets .

My new mill will live inside my shop. My shop is a dusty, dirty place. (I am a commercial glass contractor and this is inside my glass shop)

So I thought if I had a large breathable canvas type cover ...

How about putting some curtains around it? I've seen welding areas (dirty ones) with UV
blocking polymer drapes (actually multiple 1 ft. panels) that you could easily walk through,
but which kept dust and rays at bay effectively. No need to stow a bundle of loose cloth.

Old car covers make great machine dust covers. If you don't have one laying around, try yard sales and flea markets, I can pick them up for$1-5

She wanted you to have a colorful shop area.
Nice do not know what all I got yet.

I got some spinnaker nylon and got a local sailmaker to sew up a semi-tailored cover for my mill and lathe.
Whenever the machines are not in use, they are covered and apart from keeping them clear of unwanted 'stuff', they also help to keep the rust bug at bay, (even though everything is well oiled before putting them to bed.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

For the OP, the key recommendations are: Yes, use some kind of cover all the time when the machine tool is not being used. And use a breathable material. If you can get it to fit the machine and it stays put, it works. Cost and how pretty it is up to you.

could also try a big tool box cover. why any one would take the time to cover their tool box is beyond me but thay make some nice cover for them. lol.

Back