Anyone having trouble buying stuff?

I have been trying to buy a 48" finger brake from Grizzly forever. I ordered it in December 2020. I would check with them every few months and they would not have an expected ship date. Finally in November 2021 they contacted me and said that model had been discontinued by the (Chinese) factory and they would not be getting any. Okay so I order the next model up. It is out of stock currently with an expected ship date March 2022. I guess we will see. I feel sorry for these businesses that can't get inventory to sell. Not sure how they are keeping their doors open.
why buy new, I see finger brakes on craigslist all the time.

^^^
Not around here. I check Craig's list everyday for the past 18 months for a 48" one.

It is a lesson in frustration. I have to keep redesigning every thing I work on based on what parts are available. I have a 18 ton crane that I have been rebuilding the hydraulic system on that has been on going for the last 6 months due to part availability

I took my Lexus in for service last week. I paid $46K for it 4 years ago, and they were all over me to accept $40k for it in trade since it has only 10K miles. But I’d have to wait up to a year for a new model. This dealership typically has 300 new cars on the lot, but last week only had six. I saw an ad for a new Honda CR-V SUV at a dealer in Beverly Hills where they were asking and additional $40K extra dealer markup for “instant” delivery. Things are indeed quite crazy.
Our dealership had no extra mark-up. We had folks calling from Colorado for an in stock Super Duty.
David, this is crazy. You were offered darn near selling price for your four year old car. Amazing.

My next door neighbor traded in a 2 year old Nissan pickup for a Toyota truck. They gave him more than 30K for it,
which was almost what he paid. Amazing.

I got a letter in the mail from the dealership saying they wanted to buy back a Ford Fiesta I used to own. I forwarded it to the new owner(my son). We will see if they give him a deal. He hates that car. Lol

Back