Anyone Know What Make This Mill Is??

When you see the HF Mini Mills for more than the HF price what do they come with for tooling?

You can easily spend 3 x the price of the mill on tooling.

They just might actually be a good deal.

No, no tooling at all, not even the drill chuck or the few "tools" they were sold with. This example was a Harbor Freight X1 with a few dozen drill marks in the table - $500.00. I'm liking the LMS version and I'll probably end up getting it if I can't find anything reasonable soon. Around here someone with an old, worn out, sitting out in the rain and snow for a year South Bend 9C want's $2K for it, because it's an antique, and he knows what they are worth. :eek: I am finding it is actually cheaper, by more than a little, to buy new and pay shipping than to buy used around here. Folks around here get hold of a machine tool and they think they have a gold mine and gateway to early retirement. Frustrating for a guy like me on a very tight budget.

people ask more for them as there's higher demand (for exactly the reasons you're passing on the RF40) and people that buy them tend not to appreciate the effects of depreciation, quite often because they haven't used them much. You see the same thing with bikes - people buy cheaper ones thinking they'll get into the hobby, don't ride it much but then want to get most of what they spent back.

Sometimes you just luck out too, often from talking to people you never realised were machinists.

Back