Anyone know where I can find an ER20 plain back collet chuck?

Definitely a nice system, but the buy in cost is likely more than I have into the whole project. I appreciate your input.
Actually, the up front cost for the TTS system is fairly low. You need a modified R8 MT collet and one of the ER collet chucks. I modified a Lyndex 3/4" R8 collet in situ in my RF30 mill using s small grinding wheel. The TTS ER20 collet chuck can be found on eBay for less than $20. That gets you to the same point as the spindle mounted collet chuck. The advantage is that the TTS collet chuck can be removed from the spindle and replaced without losing your offset accuracy. Adding more TTS collet chuck increases versatility in that you can have a lineup of tools needed for a particular project. I currently have 30 various collet chucks, end mill holder, drill chucks, etc. but it is definitely not required. Much the sam as having quick change tool holders for the lathe. You can get by with just a couple of different styles. Having more is just a convenience.

I know this isn't what you asked for . I don't think what you asked for is out there (I looked) Here is my thought , make a face plate and thread it to fit this collet chuck . 20.99 free shipping , straight from Shanghai .
Mark .

Last edited:
I know this isn't what you asked for . I don't think what you asked for is out there (I looked) Here is my thought , make a face plate and thread it to fit this collet chuck . 20.99 free shipping , straight from Shanghai .
Mark .
I did not see a link… guessing you meant to share this one?

Actually, the up front cost for the TTS system is fairly low. You need a modified R8 MT collet and one of the ER collet chucks. I modified a Lyndex 3/4" R8 collet in situ in my RF30 mill using s small grinding wheel. The TTS ER20 collet chuck can be found on eBay for less than $20. That gets you to the same point as the spindle mounted collet chuck. The advantage is that the TTS collet chuck can be removed from the spindle and replaced without losing your offset accuracy. Adding more TTS collet chuck increases versatility in that you can have a lineup of tools needed for a particular project. I currently have 30 various collet chucks, end mill holder, drill chucks, etc. but it is definitely not required. Much the sam as having quick change tool holders for the lathe. You can get by with just a couple of different styles. Having more is just a convenience.

OOps, I was looking at the price of a tooling system. Im going to research these further for my 1:1 shop, they look great for a BP size machine.
Since it has an MT1 spindle, how about eBay item #174120393164:

View attachment 456655

Thanks, this is what I have now, I-Carbide brand. The I-Carbide brand was $120 for the chuck and their .0002 collet set and worth the money IMO, I just don't want to have to repurchase another collet set.

This setup works OK, but the stickout with an endmill in place is getting on the excessive side with the tip of an endmill roughly 2.5-3" from the face of the spindle. Im looking to cut that down and add the rigidity of a shorter spindle mounted collet chuck.

I figured I would ask around as maybe there was a source I hadn't found yet, but it seems this size is just non existent, so I may have to move up to ER25.

Found one .
I hang my head in shame: I forget that I actually have one of these in ER16 for use with my baby tilting table . Didn’t search for “adapter,” just “holder” and “chuck.” Well done!

@RaisedByWolves This should gain you 1/2” - 3/4” over the MT1 chuck.

Back