Anyone need a Sino slim scale 220 mm for cheap? 5 µm, glass

bulgie

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I just ordered slim Sino scales (5 µm) for my RF-30 mill from ebay seller in626080 who had the cheapest price. What could possibly go wrong? ;)

I ordered a 220 and a 520 mm, paid up, two different prices of course, then got an email telling my order of Qty = 2 of 220 mm scales has shipped. I pointed out I ordered two different lengths.

Seller replied quickly with basically "oops my bad" only in less idiomatic English. They're sending the 520, and they want me to send the extra 220 back to them when it arrives, probably first week of January. Or they say if I have a use for it, they'll give me a discount. They didn't say yet how cheap that'll be.

I don't have a use for it, but maybe one of you do? If there's any interest I'll ask them for the price. Since they will have to pay return shipping, I assume the discount they offer will be at least that much, hopefully more if they're smart.

It's this item https://www.ebay.com/itm/403953288229 Cost was $73 and free shipping.

Will measure. I’m ready to hook up my touch DRO.

A little short for my mill. Let me know how much you can let it go for, I might take anyway.

John

220 might work for me as well. This could be the push I need.

Also, it'll cost you a fortune to send it back. It'll be cheaper to keep it and throw it away but please don't). They should give you a big discount.

220 might work for me as well. This could be the push I need.

Also, it'll cost you a fortune to send it back. It'll be cheaper to keep it and throw it away but please don't). They should give you a big discount.
So far they are offering $15 off, for a total of $58. If that's their final offer, then you'll pay me that plus WA state sales tax and whatever it costs to ship it to you from my house.

I replied just now, saying "won't return shipping cost more than $15? The discount should be more than the shipping cost." We'll see if they make a counter-offer.

Maybe they work with a freight forwarder that collects everything until they have a container full, which could make return shipping cheap for them. Just guessing, anyone know?

Shipping from China is cheap. Shipping to China is crazy expensive.

It's their error, not yours. I wouldn't do anything that cost more that driving to UPS to return it. Worst case I'd file a complaint with eBay, then escalate to the credit card company/PayPal. It's not like you changed your mind and want to return it; they shipped you the wrong item.

No, you do not pay squat!

They made the error...PERIOD!

They can gift it to you or send a PREPAID shipping tag.

NEVER pay for their mistake.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

No, you do not pay squat!

They made the error...PERIOD!

They can gift it to you or send a PREPAID shipping tag.

NEVER pay for their mistake.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, don't worry, I have no intention of giving them squat. Obviously return postage is on their dime.
They replied that they can get it shipped back for about $15, therefore their $58 offer stands.
So, unless someone wants it at that price, I will call their bluff and say I'm sending it back. Then we'll see what shipping really costs, and we'll see their real lowest offer. Might take a while though, into January I bet.

I'ts funny, I'm negotiating with them, to get the lowest price for one of you guys.

Back