Anyone need a Sino slim scale 220 mm for cheap? 5 µm, glass

Oh yeah, don't worry, I have no intention of giving them squat. Obviously return postage is on their dime.
They replied that they can get it shipped back for about $15, therefore their $58 offer stands.
So, unless someone wants it at that price, I will call their bluff and say I'm sending it back. Then we'll see what shipping really costs, and we'll see their real lowest offer. Might take a while though, into January I bet.

I'ts funny, I'm negotiating with them, to get the lowest price for one of you guys.
In the end, they'll have to give it to you. Shipping will be more than their cost for the part.

There's also an "eBay guarantee" on that page:

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or your money back.

In the end, they'll have to give it to you. Shipping will be more than their cost for the part.

There's also an "eBay guarantee" on that page:

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or your money back.
Whatever you do, don't let it go past 30 days. You should be able to get what you ordered - might have to elevate to eBay. In the past eBay has been quite good.

In my case, I received damaged goods, actually it was hidden damage. The common carrier dropped it hard, (I actually heard it hit the ground,) and the cowardly delivery person attempted to conceal the damage, and drove off as fast as they could, to avoid me rejecting the shipment.

The seller wanted to send me parts so I could fix it - and for me to do the labor (at under $1.00/hour). As it turned out, the piece that was damaged was a casting that is not available as a spare part. (I looked it up.) The seller was stalling me to run out the clock.

I appealed to eBay stating that it is the responsibility of the seller to deliver the goods as described in the listing. Not damaged, not the wrong item, but matching the listing (or order). eBay sided with me and forced them to take back the goods at their cost, and refund my money. If you send it back, get proof, and or insurance! In my case, I received a pre-paid label, repacked the box better than new, and shipped the product back. I made sure I got a receipt from the shipper.

I ordered a scale from Ditron via AliExpress, and it arrived defective. I messaged, and they replied politely, saying they would replace it...then nothing. It was only after I filed a claim with AliExpress that they finally shipped the replacement.

Update: After I told them I didn't want the second 220, they replied with a terse "OK".
Then my one 220 arrived in the mail, USPS, from an address in California. No second one. So it appears they were able to redirect the package after it was shipped, and I don't have to send it back. It also means I have no reduced-price scale to offer anymore.

The 520 I ordered at the same time has not arrived yet. It took them a day to ship that out after I pointed out their error, so hopefully it will be here soon.

The 220 arrived in good shape, nicely packed, nothing missing. The swarf cover appears to be well-designed. No instructions at all of course, not even in Chinese. Manufacturing quality seems great, though function is mostly all I'm interested in. But the parts look nice.

I hooked it up to my new T-DRO adapter, set the magic number to 5080 in the software, and it appears to be working perfectly. Proper calibration will be done after it's installed on the mill of course, but it's correct to the precision of the ruler on my desk.

Mine didn't come with any angle brackets or extrusions for mounting the read head to the mill base, or the scale to the saddle. (This being my Y axis.) Who has ideas for where to get some? I see some "how-to" videos where they used bits that shipped with the scale, with adjustment slots machined in them already. Purchased from some other vendor no doubt. I have no problem ordering pieces from Online Metals or ebay and machining my own slots, but being lazy, I'd settle for some pre-made brackets, if anyone knows of a source. RF-30 being so dang ubiquitous, someone should sell a turn-key kit!

Update: After I told them I didn't want the second 220, they replied with a terse "OK".
Then my one 220 arrived in the mail, USPS, from an address in California. No second one. So it appears they were able to redirect the package after it was shipped, and I don't have to send it back. It also means I have no reduced-price scale to offer anymore.

The 520 I ordered at the same time has not arrived yet. It took them a day to ship that out after I pointed out their error, so hopefully it will be here soon.

The 220 arrived in good shape, nicely packed, nothing missing. The swarf cover appears to be well-designed. No instructions at all of course, not even in Chinese. Manufacturing quality seems great, though function is mostly all I'm interested in. But the parts look nice.

I hooked it up to my new T-DRO adapter, set the magic number to 5080 in the software, and it appears to be working perfectly. Proper calibration will be done after it's installed on the mill of course, but it's correct to the precision of the ruler on my desk.

Mine didn't come with any angle brackets or extrusions for mounting the read head to the mill base, or the scale to the saddle. (This being my Y axis.) Who has ideas for where to get some? I see some "how-to" videos where they used bits that shipped with the scale, with adjustment slots machined in them already. Purchased from some other vendor no doubt. I have no problem ordering pieces from Online Metals or ebay and machining my own slots, but being lazy, I'd settle for some pre-made brackets, if anyone knows of a source. RF-30 being so dang ubiquitous, someone should sell a turn-key kit!
I have a Tupperware container full of this stuff. Ping me next week and I'll send you some pics of what I have.

Looks like to mount the scale to the saddle, I just need a piece of flat stock with 4 holes drilled in it, two for the saddle and two for the scale.

Y-axis scale on RF-30.jpg

Y-axis scale on RF-30.jpg

Do I even need a swarf guard? Looks like this will be pretty out of the way of swarf, long as I don't use compressed air to blow the chips around.

A short piece of L-shaped extrusion should suffice to connect the read head to the mill base. I know the head will be mounted ~7.5 inches further forward (away from me, plus Y direction), since the saddle is all the way back (in the minus Y direction) in the pic.

Open to suggestions.

Looks like to mount the scale to the saddle, I just need a piece of flat stock with 4 holes drilled in it, two for the saddle and two for the scale.

View attachment 471911

View attachment 471913

Do I even need a swarf guard? Looks like this will be pretty out of the way of swarf, long as I don't use compressed air to blow the chips around.

A short piece of L-shaped extrusion should suffice to connect the read head to the mill base. I know the head will be mounted ~7.5 inches further forward (away from me, plus Y direction), since the saddle is all the way back (in the minus Y direction) in the pic.

Open to suggestions.
You know, I've never seen it done this way, but I don't see why this wouldn't work.
I never use the guards. If the opening is facing away from the spindle (or down, in this case) physics are mostly on your side - crap falls down, not up, and when crap falls up, you have bigger problems than scale contamination :)

Thanks Yuriy.

Is there a "normal" way? This is just the first thought that popped into my head. Give me alternatives! (& Should this be a new thread?)
I didn't say this wasn't normal :) Just never seen it done this way. I think this is very practical, as long as you make the brackets solid enough.
Usually, I see the scale mounted to the base/knee casting, and then just use a longer bracket to connect the reading head to the saddle (with the scale was still mounted with the opening facing down).

I didn't say this wasn't normal :) Just never seen it done this way. I think this is very practical, as long as you make the brackets solid enough.
Usually, I see the scale mounted to the base/knee casting, and then just use a longer bracket to connect the reading head to the saddle (with the scale was still mounted with the opening facing down).
Ok cool I'll look into that. I like the head to be stationary though, so the cable isn't being dragged to and fro. Seems better to have the scale do the to-ing and fro-ing.

Back