Anyone read japanese?

Thanks i will give it a try when i get home. Interested in what the symbols mean also.

Mark Came up with the same I was thinking.
IF we are correct......
Do you have an Ohm meter?
There are 2 windings that must be connected in parallel, With the ohm meter connect to the red wire. You should show a low resistence to the black wire and open to the blue and white. Same check connecting one ohm meter lead to blue and test the other 3 leads, you should only see connection to the white wire. If both of these checks are true then wire as we described. If either is false then describe your findings and we can go from there.

I
Rex Walter a member on here lives in Japan. He is married to a Japanese lady. I know he is fluid in the language, so I bet he could translate it. I emailed him, so hopefully he will see it soon.

Rich
Fluent is a bit of an overstatement and I speak better than I can read and write, but I didn’t see any Japanese text in the attachments.

Traveling at the moment and on my phone but let me know if I can help. Motors are motors but household AC is 100V and either 50 or 60 Hz depending on which part of the country you’re in.

Oh. That was easy.

Colors in the boxes read white black blue red, white black blue red from left to right (100V and 200V).

My annotations to the photo didn’t seem to save on my phone.

---

Found a computer to use. Here you go:

20220814_085107.jpg

Last edited:
For those who don't know Rex. He assisted me in 2 of the Vacaville Scraping classes. He learned to scrape at the first Keith Rucker class I did a few years ago. He also is the man who has a sweet post of scraping his Atlas Lathe. Thanks Rex again.....:)

Good deal- looks like I had it wrong. I'm guessing swapping either white and black or blue and red (only 1 pair) would reverse it
White to black = winding 1
Blue to red = winding 2

Last edited:
Hey thank you all for your help. I have not had a minute to wire it up but Saturday is looking good. I know embarrassingly little about electric motors.

You're not alone- most people know almost nothing about electricity, yet they use electrical devices daily

Back