Are There Any New Yorkers Around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remington has multiple plants.

Yes. They even have a big plant in Turkey. Though i don't know if it carries the Remington name. Do all that camo finishing work, there.

The last decision was to expand in North Carolina instead of expanding and modernizing the Ilion plant in NY. Nothing to do with politics, everything to do with economics.

Politics IS economics. Economics IS politics. Especially in such a highly regulated business as firearms manufacture. They do nothing without their finger on the pulse of Washington, Albany, or wherever.

Speaking of which, the point i've not seen offered strikes me as the most likely reason. This is an election year. What's at stake is the possibility of a full-court press on firearms manufacturers. Two candidates (one party) has made it abundantly clear they will "go after the makers of these guns" on behalf of the "victims". This will doubtless be through the bench and not through legislation; the most sneaky and vile way possible to promulgate an openly false agenda.

If NY is unfriendly, then sure, move, like so many others have done. But what happens when the whole nation gets unfriendly? Through a stacked bench, no less. Now, silliness or not, with that sword of Damocles hanging over your head, how much domestic modernization and improvement would YOU invest?

On a personal note, i might tend to be stocked-up by summertime. Just sayin'...

Wrat

Remington is still here going pretty strong. I shoot at the range where they test once a week and here there workers , The good and bad. The 45 line has left. I see a lot of Marlin levers being tested and breaking, There 700 line is still strong. I have lived in upstate NY all my life , got some beautiful guns out of Remington, especially when the wood shop was here, but that has gone to Kentucky . Anyway seems the trend has gone to cheaper plastic slab guns. Throw away pieces not heirlooms. You get what you pay for these days , As far as the plant being here . Just my opinion Some form of Remington will always be here . Hell it started here. But NY and Cuomo will eventually kill the gun industry.

Hard as it may be, leave the politics out of the discussion. It's in the rules. I know people have opinions about this, and some are rather passionate, especially right now with it in the news so much and this being an election year. That doesn't change our rules though. Please abide by them. After all, you agreed to when you joined so I shouldn't have to remind you.

I agree with the leave politics at home stuff, but why was I seeing advertisement banners here for 'vote for TPP', it's good for manufacturing here on the site? That sure smells of politics to me.

Normally I run ad-block on firefox, but one time recently I logged in using safari and saw this. I was not happy seeing that stuff on this board I can tell you that.

I wish we had control over the banner ads, but unfortunately we don't. Blame Google.:mad:

The banner ads are generated by the page content. Hence when you talk about politics, you will see ads related to it. Take note on other threads, I believe you will find connections between post content and the ads. They call it AdSense or something like that. It's all part of paying the bills, unfortunately.

I'll be sure to use FireFox from now on. :)

The banner ads are generated by the page content. Hence when you talk about politics, you will see ads related to it. Take note on other threads, I believe you will find connections between post content and the ads. They call it AdSense or something like that. It's all part of paying the bills, unfortunately.

Probably a controversial comment...

Seems to me, if politics is taboo... Then advertising politics should be also.
Somewhat hypocritical in the purest sense of thought.

Perhaps we should come up with different sources of income to run the forum...
And TRULY make it 100% politics free.

If it works the way I understand, if there were no political discussions in the posts, there would be no political ads...therefore it is up to the posters to determine the politics free ads. And if everyone followed the rules, no political ads. No problem. So let's change the subject. And drop this one entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back