Atlas 12 A thru E gears needed

do you have any info on the clutch and break down image of it . adjusting it so on ..
the one i have seems like it wont move at all..
looks to be 3 parts. 2 outer like casing gearbox side and 1 iner for the lead screw.
The Craftsman manual for this type of lathe has the instructions for adjusting the clutch. It is located at the output of the quick change gearbox, and looks like this:

26234-a703a6c7d1872fae0e5ef7af2b40cf9f.jpg

The holes in the rim of the big part are used to turn it to adjust the clutch engagement. There as a specified torque you apply to the lead screw nuts on the far end at which it is supposed to slip. The Atlas or Craftsman manuals for this series of lathe give the instructions and torque specification.

The Craftsman manual for this type of lathe has the instructions for adjusting the clutch. It is located at the output of the quick change gearbox, and looks like this:

26234-a703a6c7d1872fae0e5ef7af2b40cf9f.jpg

The holes in the rim of the big part are used to turn it to adjust the clutch engagement. There as a specified torque you apply to the lead screw nuts on the far end at which it is supposed to slip. The Atlas or Craftsman manuals for this series of lathe give the instructions and torque specification.
i did a quick read over few times. must of missed it.

any chance someone has a video link .... would be cool.

guess not on video.. or more info... the manual i have for lathe has not one thing about this clutch. it is soild as a rock. can not turn nothing so iam guessing its froze or locked up .

o will.. guess ill try and break it apart to see whats in side then try and find a new one.

Lots of Atlas 12" gearbox pieces on eBay...

Lots of Atlas 12" gearbox pieces on eBay...
yeah iam giving up on it. thought i had a guy to order the 3 gears from. sort of ran me off seems like a scammer.
and to pay the out rages prices people are asking for them. just cant afford them for 300 bucks.

i guess ill have to go the electric motor on the right side of the lead screw. not that iam not happy doing that. would of been nice to have the gearbox running as it is orig to the lathe.

o will... time marchs on .. so clutch is worthless to even worry about ..

and fair warning..... one the guy spells BOY .. BOI ... second.. asking for a pic of all 3 gears togther wasnt able to do. and 2 emails come back bad .
atlas and emco on fakebook as a seller. so be warned ... seems to be a scammer and will we know fakebook wont do nothing. sad people do anything to scam someone.. this world sucks

Member Uglydog on here has the ability to make such animals.

Member Uglydog on here has the ability to make such animals.
sad part the double gear. 10-1552X the 16t can be pressed out of the 32t gear. i dont know. just sucks big time ya know.. but i guess if the kid didnt crash it. he wouldnt of givin it up for free rite lol

Back