Atlas 612

Yikes tinnerjohn. I got mixed up with Rodney's post.

Enjoy your 612,

David

Thank you Rodney.

That is a nice package indeed. It looks like that is the Jacobs spindle chuck that lets you pass work through the spindle? On my 618 I only gave the spindle chuck and the 4 jaw independent.

Should serve you well.

David

Hi David,
Yes the jacobs chuck mounts to the spindle threads so work can pass through, never even thought of that so had to go down and take a look. Benifit to this little guy is it fits in my small basement so can play all winter in the warm basement and all summer in the air conditioned basement!
Rodney

Rodney , that stand is beautiful .
Thanks!
The stand actually weighs more than the lathe! The cast iron legs and the solid wood 1 3/4 thick planks make it pretty heavy. Cleaned up pretty nice. I think it was designed for a larger lathe but works great for the little guy.
Rodney

Nice little machine. I have a 618 but have always been on the lookout for a 612 just because they look cool.

That bench in your last photo looks like it's from a Delta woodworking lathe though, not Atlas.

Nice little machine. I have a 618 but have always been on the lookout for a 612 just because they look cool.

That bench in your last photo looks like it's from a Delta woodworking lathe though, not Atlas.
Hi Vince,
Could be, I haven't researched the bench much but I know it isnt the correct one for my lathe going by pictures Ive seen.
Rodney

Ok guys. I have a 618 and as far as I am concerned if I don't see a nice picture of a 612....it just doesn't exist. :)

David

David,

I have a 612 and it has a s/n plate on it. I see if I have the picture on my this computer.

Cliff

Cliff,

If you don't have a legible photo of the nameplate, please post the serial number here. We only have two examples in the database.

Back