Atlas drill press gloat

That machine cleaned up real nice. Love the old machines.

Great job on the gear, any updates on the DP?

Thanks, not progress as such, house painting has taken precedence over shop time despite my best endeavors to prevent that happening.... :bawling:

I am a bit surprised to be honest that with all the eagle eyed Atlasians viewing this thread no one noticed the big problem....even though I didn't! "jawdrop:

here's a clue.....

DSCF2532.JPG

:roflmao:

Bernard

DSCF2532.JPG

The pulleys being a little different height doesn't matter too much, but which pulley is destroyed there, the motor or spindle?

Thanks, not progress as such, house painting has taken precedence over shop time despite my best endeavors to prevent that happening.... :bawling:

I am a bit surprised to be honest that with all the eagle eyed Atlasians viewing this thread no one noticed the big problem....even though I didn't! "jawdrop:

here's a clue.....

Bernard

The pulleys being a little different height doesn't matter too much, but which pulley is destroyed there, the motor or spindle?

The spindle pulley has had the top 'dressed' down I presume to compensate for the groove being worn round, no longer V shaped. I have a plan to correct this.

The pulleys take different belts, but I could use the smaller size OK, and the overall height means the belt will only run properly straight in one position which will do for now.

I'm hoping to come across a scrapped Chinese DP to rob a pulley off as they seem to lean towards the smaller belt sizes, threw one in the scrap a few years ago myself! :lmao:

The motor has a lot of end float, it moves maybe 3/16ths on start up, assuming this isn't normal can it be adjusted? It's a bushed shaft I think as it has oilers.

Bernard

Back