Atlas MF lead screw size?

Just curious. I grabbed the first piece of brass that was 1" out of my scrap bin, not too worried about if it was the "correct" piece of brass that would be selected for a lead screw nut or not. I'm assuming it is just simply free machining 360, I could be wrong.

What would be the "correct" material to use for this lead screw nut if you had to source the replacement and make your own?

I don't know. But were I to be needing to know, I would call Clausing (800-323-0972) and ask for Tom or Ron McNett, and ask him whether they sill have any M1-11;s on the shelf. If so, buy one or don't. If not, ask him to pull up the drawing and give you the material spec. And to send you the drawing, either PDF or TIF. TIF is probably the better choice as that's what they were all originally scanned as.

On the off chance that they only have one left and don't intend to re-stock at probably a higher price, , if you do decide to buy it, they will probably send you the drawing after you order one. I have had that happen at least once.

And send me a copy of whatever they send.

Last edited:
I left a message for Tom McNett. I received a quote back from their general customer service email with a quote for M1-11 for $75. No details on whether it is their last one or not.

OK. Did you call and ask for McNett or send an email to Clausing? And was there a lead-time or projected delivery date on the quotation?

I left him a voice mail. Says it is in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. Then they aren't allowed to send out a copy of the original drawing. And I wouldn't ask them for the material spec. Too bad that you already ordered the tap.

OK. Then they aren't allowed to send out a copy of the original drawing. And I wouldn't ask them for the material spec. Too bad that you already ordered the tap.

$28 on Amazon? Ordered on Saturday, received on Monday.

Not so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, pretty cheap, actually.

!/2"-10 Acme is correct. We do not have the drawing for M1-11 but we do have the drawings for both M1-35 and M1-35A and they and several catalogs agree on 1/2"-10 Acme.
Ancient thread, revisted to help with an ancient machine :) My MF is #704 so presumably in the 1942 vintage.

Robert, would you be able to share the M1-34/35 drawings? I have a lot of slop, and am assuming that both the lead screw and nut will need replacing.
Using the drawings from download section I have so far made the Back Gear wrench, a M6-76 Actuator shaft, M1-567 Arbor driver. Thank you for those.

Jerry

Yes but it may be after Christmas before I can get them done and uploaded. Looks as though I started cleanup and didn't finish and M1-35 is pretty bad. Are there any others that you need?

Back