Baileigh Bs-210m Horizontal Bandsaw From Qmt

zmotorsports

Registered
Registered
I have been dealing with Matt @ Quality Machine Tools for about a month and a half now looking at a new vertical and a new horizontal bandsaw to replace my previous saws.

I have found very, very little information on the particular saw I was looking at, the Baileigh BS-210M mitered head horizontal bandsaw. After speaking to Matt, as he is a dealer for them, he recommended it as fitting my needs.

This thread will be an attempt at a review of the Baileigh BS-210M horizontal bandsaw. Once I get it up and running I will more than likely also do a video review and upload it to my youtube channel in which I will then post a link here.

We had a wet and heavy snow yesterday so I ran home early from work and shoveled the slush out of my driveway so we could wheel it right back to the shop. The UPS driver set it just inside my shop door.
2pyrzvr.jpg

Top half of the crate opened. Baileigh did a great job of packaging this thing.
246ox8n.jpg

Base came in pieces but wrapped to protect the powder coating.
2hp7rco.jpg

Base assembled and joined with the saw. Thank goodness for the engine hoist. It's heavier than it looks.
2rfbzlt.jpg

The control box is packaged separately but was securely attached to the saw. The wiring and conduits used is very professionally ran. Anywhere the wires entered the box or motor there were strain reliefs and grommets used. It bolts to an arm that is firmly attached to the framework of the saw.
r1ddvp.jpg

Plugged in and functioning.
255rvoi.jpg

All handles and wheels installed and giving her a test run (without cutting).
300bpzl.jpg

All in all the fit and finish of this saw is very high quality. My first impression is that this will make a very nice addition to the shop. Huge step up from my previous Jet 7x12 and that was a fine saw.

As I get some time on it I will report back my opinions. Thus far all I have done is played with the mitering head and blade tension. The scale on the miter head seems to be quite accurate, but again, I have not cut any steel yet.

I just got off the phone with the frieght company and my KB-45 vertical bandsaw is out for delivery so hopefully by this afternoon I will have my other one in the shop. I will start a separate thread on that saw.

Mike.

That's a nice looking saw Mike. I barely have room for my little 4 X 6 but it would sure be nice to be able to cut some larger stock. Looking forward to your test review.

Looks like a nice saw, I am looking forward to the video review.

That's a nice looking saw Mike. I barely have room for my little 4 X 6 but it would sure be nice to be able to cut some larger stock. Looking forward to your test review.

Thanks John, I waffled for a bit because I am busting at the seams as is also. After purchasing my new lathe and mill I told myself that was it as far as large equipment but I have been pushing my last two saws pretty hard the last couple of years and thought I had better upgrade/upsize before one let me down when it was least convenient.

Looks like a nice saw, I am looking forward to the video review.

Thanks, I will work on getting a video together in the near future.

Mike.

When it come down to it, you will be much better off with the decision you made and the space that the two machines take up will not be significantly more than what you previously had. The Baileigh should be a significant improvement from your previous machines for doing accurate angular cuts quickly. In the end, you save time (and money if you doing work for others). I had previously looked at similar Baileigh models in other forums, the model you purchased was highly praised. Like your PM lathe and mill upgrade, you will probably be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner. Happy Holidays, don't expect anymore Christmas presents this year.
Mark

That seems like a very versatile saw, and the Co. has a good reputaion. $2600 (price on their site) seems like a lot, but as with most things you get what you pay for. Merry Christmas, Mike

She's a beauty, Mike. Very nice.

When it come down to it, you will be much better off with the decision you made and the space that the two machines take up will not be significantly more than what you previously had. The Baileigh should be a significant improvement from your previous machines for doing accurate angular cuts quickly. In the end, you save time (and money if you doing work for others). I had previously looked at similar Baileigh models in other forums, the model you purchased was highly praised. Like your PM lathe and mill upgrade, you will probably be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner. Happy Holidays, don't expect anymore Christmas presents this year.
Mark

Thanks Mark, but I just ran home for lunch and unloaded my "other" Christmas present.

Did I mention that my wife is absolutely AWESOME!!!!

Mike.

Back