Baileigh Bs-210m Horizontal Bandsaw From Qmt

Some guys have all the luck, nice saws and good luck with them. I too am green with envy. Dang my wifes gona throw a fit when she sees what I bought a big old drill press. Oh well she's been here for forty years.

Some guys have all the luck, nice saws and good luck with them. I too am green with envy. Dang my wifes gona throw a fit when she sees what I bought a big old drill press. Oh well she's been here for forty years.

Thanks. And just for clarification, "she's been here for forty years", are you referring to the drill press being 40 or your wife?

You may not want to remind her of that in your conversation.:grin big:

Mike.

Very nice saw Mike. Was it manufactured in Taiwan?

Just by looking at their website, I have never been able to tell the country of manufacture for any of the Baileigh machines. Thanks!

Bob

Very nice saw Mike. Was it manufactured in Taiwan?

Just by looking at their website, I have never been able to tell the country of manufacture for any of the Baileigh machines. Thanks!

Bob

Yes, this saw is manufactured in Taiwan and by looking at the overall quality I can definitely tell. The quality is very close to my lathe and mill for that matter. I agree, their website is quite vague and doesn't say much about country of origin. It took me multiple calls and talking to several people to get any information on this saw long before I even contacted Matt about it. By the time I contacted Matt my mind was made up on the horizontal saw and I was merely discussing options with him on a vertical saw. At the time I wasn't even 100% certain I could swing both but I was definetely going to upgrade my horizontal.

Thanks for the comments.

Mike.

WOW... :cheer:... That is a sweet looking saw!

In contrast I have to take 5-8 minutes of re-arranging things in my 1 car garage size shop area just to pull out and use my little 4x6.

I really envy you guys with full size shops! Nice addition to your shop Mike.... you might be going into self-employment sooner than you think! :)

Also very nice to see you giving praise to your bride... most of us need to do that more often!

Yes, this saw is manufactured in Taiwan and by looking at the overall quality I can definitely tell. The quality is very close to my lathe and mill for that matter. I agree, their website is quite vague and doesn't say much about country of origin. It took me multiple calls and talking to several people to get any information on this saw long before I even contacted Matt about it. By the time I contacted Matt my mind was made up on the horizontal saw and I was merely discussing options with him on a vertical saw. At the time I wasn't even 100% certain I could swing both but I was definetely going to upgrade my horizontal.

Thanks for the comments.

Mike.

Thanks Dale. My biggest concern is not burying equipment where it becomes too big of a hassle to get to or drag out to use. At that point, it makes it hard to justify having. My shop even though technically considered "full-size" has been shrinking since I built in in 1995. Originally with the tools and few pieces of larger equipment that came from my old shop it was still a healthy sized 2-car/truck and a strip along the side for motorcycle/ATV projects. Since then it is now a one car/truck automotive bay, a smaller bay for about three motorcycles (to work on comfortably) and a machining/fabrication/welding section.

It is all my own fault as I have been pationately working towards acquiring tools and equipment to support my racing addiction over the years and now that I no longer race I just want to have a fully setup shop that I can work on about anything and will hopefully let me still bring in some money during retirement.

As for my wife, she is AWESOME!! She even come home the other day because she saw a house for sale that had a little bigger detached shop than what we have now. We went and looked at it and the house was smaller but the yard and shop were slightly larger. She kept saying she knows how much I wish I had a larger shop but I also don't want to be working any longer than I have to at my full-time job and buying a newer home at this point would just postpone our retirements plans and that is something I am just not willing to do. She would do it in a heartbeat to make me happy but that just makes me love her even more.

Mike.

Mike, I think your comments regarding shop size could apply to just about any one of us here. I originally thought that 1/2 of a two car garage would be plenty of space for my hobbies but sadly I have outgrown it. I have gotten really good at making the best use of available space. I am nearing retirement age and I'm trying to get all the major tool purchases done before then. The support of a good spouse is defiantly high on the list of required items in the shop. Cheers!

John

Definitely interested to hear how the saw works out for you - I've got one of the Baileigh BS-250M saws on my want list. I think the 250 is just a bigger version of the 210.

You're correct Jim, the BS-205M is the big brother to my BS-210M.

So far I love this saw. The miter head adjustment is quick and the scale on the base is very accurate. I have been able to cut small drops and at a very accurate thickness. I was cutting some small 45-degree cuts the other night and was able to shave off .035" quite easily and accurately.

I can easily recommend this saw and feel confident you will be pleased with it's performance and overall quality.

Mike.

Back