Bandsaw problem

that red block is 3d printed and fits pretty tight over the blade and stops before it gets to the set in the teeth so I believe its pretty accurate. I tightened the rollers hard against the blade then backed them off about 1/8 turn, I can (with resistance) turn the bearings by hand. but i agree the blade is walking. its so frustrating.

not sure how i would set that. The guides only swivel they do not move side to side

I read through the comments and didnt see you mention blade tension. My harbor freight 7x12 when standing over the running blade would sway a bit. It didn't track completely straight until I put a good amount of tension on the blade. Check tension if you havent already.

all ive been doing for tension is tightening the hand wheel by hand hard as i can. is there a rule of thumb? like amount of deflection one x number of inches? like on a fan belt.

I threw tension out there, seems like he has covered all bases....it is a tough one. If you look at my picture with the magnet/steel scale, if you remove the magnet and scale and the put the machinist square up against blade and lift lower the blade and see if it stays a equal distance from square to make sure it is indeed pivoting perpendicular (not coming down and out) Again, just trying to throw out whatever I can think of here...

If tightening as hard as you can you should he good. Thats what i do. Probably not the issue but just to be sure make certain you really cant tighten it anymore. You can see my tension gauge is quite a ways into the red.

Attachments

• 20210925_203608.jpg
    20210925_203608.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Im curious, are you squaring the saw up based off your cuts or a square? Are you making adjustments based on your cuts?

Edit:i see you're having issues with the squareness of the z never mind this question.

Back