Bausch and Lomb Microscope Purchase

No I don't, but I have a massive dead Tamarack tree on my neighbours side of the property line that is 30 feet to the north of me and is 70 feet tall.... did I mention that the wind is straight out of the north... shrieking... ?? ... and it has been pelting my house with branches for the last hour or so.... good thing that it only died last spring.... at least I'm hoping that it has enough elasticity left in it to weather this storm. But I am still not worried. If there was something that I could do right this minute, I would get dressed and go do it.

If I did have cattle, of course I would be concerned, but not worried....

Brian

Last edited:
I just finished up a B&L that was given to me, The desk base was limiting so I made this up to allow me to to use it anywhere in the shop.

Randy

Microscope 1.jpg Microscope 2.jpg Microscope 3.jpg

Hi Brian
Definitely a major late season storm! Here in E. ON we are left out, -16 C (+-5 F) but no snow. Great day to watch the weather, stay warm in the shop and watch the snow blasting by.
Michael

Love microscopes. Spent many hours as a nerdy kid looking for protozoa in the local mud puddles. Unfortunately I lived in a desert at the time :/

I have been playing with the cheap digital scopes lately. At my age (with contact lenses) seeing the image on a 24" screen is a lot better than a little round eyepiece.

Couple years ago i lucked into a nice auction buy on a Mitutoyo toolmakers microscope. VERY nice scope!

I just finished up a B&L that was given to me, The desk base was limiting so I made this up to allow me to to use it anywhere in the shop.

Randy

Very ingenious Randy... I really like that... :)

It looks like you used an office chair base with beefed up wheels, attached a weight lifters weight to make it bottom heavy and you must have a cylinderical counterweight inside the tube attached to the cable for ease of raising and lowering the scope. Very clever, indeed....

You should give us an explanation of how you built it so that we can steal your idea... ;)

Brian

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Brian
Definitely a major late season storm! Here in E. ON we are left out, -16 C (+-5 F) but no snow. Great day to watch the weather, stay warm in the shop and watch the snow blasting by.
Michael

Hello Michael,

The sky is bright blue this morning, but the winds are still fierce with blowing snow and drifting. The tamarack tree is still standing and the winds have swung around to the north-east, so if it did go down, it wouldn't hit my house. I took a walk around the house, through the snowdrifts, and saw at least a hundred branches littering the yard and up against the house, all from that tamarack.

My resident chickadees were begging for food, so I filled up the peanut butter feeders and they were followed by a lone junco and a hairy woodpecker. It's incredible that they can fly in this wind. Hunger is a great motivator....

Brian

Score a nice zeiss a couple years ago from the local university for free. Great scope..watching blood cells stack is just feekin weird

Toolmaster... I didn't see the pic when I first looked at your response.... That scope must have been in the $5000.00 range when new.... and you got it for free... That is one nice scope... :)

Brian

Yea i know they aren't cheap..it actually came with a big light unit that i sold for 300.:thumbsup2:

Back