Bd920n Reversing Issue

Perhaps I over simplified, I used terms a novice could understand (hot and neutral).
In other words the drum switch simply reverses connections mechanically.
I can walk him through the wiring if he has a continuity tester or ohm meter.

The motor will never reverse the way it is currently wired.

Just removed the start cap. cover to confirm the wire color. The wires coming off the cap. are white. So what do i do at the junction box to get this little guy running in reverse?
The diagram didn't make sense to me either, till i realized the it's a 4 pole motor.
The two white wires are your start winding with the capacitor in series.
If you swap the White wires (start winding) you should have ccw rotation.
What we need to figure out is where to connect the two white wires to the drum switch.
I can talk you through it if you have an Ohm meter or continuity tester.

The diagram didn't make sense to me either, till i realized the it's a 4 pole motor.
The two white wires are your start winding with the capacitor in series.
If you swap the White wires (start winding) you should have ccw rotation.
What we need to figure out is where to connect the two white wires to the drum switch.
I can talk you through it if you have an Ohm meter or continuity tester.
My volt meter does check continuity. I will get in touch with you when i get home from work. Thank you very much!

sorry for the delay, this should help.

Attachments

• Diagram 1.pdf
    50.3 KB · Views: 13
Well I got the motor running forward and reverse. I ran the two white wires for the start winding off the cap to the switch. Then i was stumped on how I couldnt find the right combination of poles on the switch to make the reverse function. After looking the the cross over on the switch, a light cane on in my head. One of the friggin wires that run to the motor were getting power from the cross over. Moved that wire to another neutral terminal then put one of the white wires on one cross over and another wire on the other cross over. Test the motor under power....forward and reverse both work.

Now that i look back, i feel stupid for not realizing this easier. Thank you to everybody that put in the effort to help me get this motor running correctly. Big thank you to Black13 for answering my phone calls and listing to me sound like an idiot!!!!!!! In the end, everything is running as it should and i learned a few things.

Makes me happy to know your machine is working properly. Now make some cool stuff and show it off on the board.

No thanks needed, we are all here for the same reasons. To learn, teach and help people with the same interests.

Back