Beautiful rebuilds

Hi Randy,
Awesome rebuild. I am just starting on my J head. Can you give me some info on the leveling screws on your base? I want to do something to make leveling easier but don't want to spend a fortune!!!

Thanks,
Scott

Thank you Scott. I am quite sure yours will turn out even better.

What I did was tap the existing holes in the base (3/4-10). Cut some threaded rod to length and topped it with some acorn nuts that are cross pinned in place. I also added a jam nut to hold everything in place. The only thing I haven't done yet was to add some pads to the floor. Here is another pic.

Base Foot.JPG

Great looking machine.

Do you remember the thickness of the base that you threaded, I'm thinking the newer BP is not as thick and may not take the weight?

Randy, I just joined the site and came across your mill. That has got to be the prettiest Bridgeport I have ever seen. Real nice job. Oh, BTW you need more equipment in you shop things look lonely.

Randy, I just joined the site and came across your mill. That has got to be the prettiest Bridgeport I have ever seen. Real nice job. Oh, BTW you need more equipment in you shop things look lonely.

Welcome to fun. Thank you, it just takes time and patience. Believe me it is not just a pretty machine sitting there, it does make chips and lots of them. As far as it being lonely, I do not need any encouragement from ya. :lmao: I am working on that all the time.

RandyM

That is far and away one of the best restorations I have ever seen.

My compliments.

RANDYM

Wow !!!
What a piece of loving restoration. A real beauty and pleasure to work on.

U not coming to South Africa by any chance ??? Can't entice U ???

Thanks for showing what can be done to our equipment.
Take care
aRM

I've got to get a shop. Those Bridgeports are beautiful!

RANDYM

Wow !!!
What a piece of loving restoration. A real beauty and pleasure to work on.

U not coming to South Africa by any chance ??? Can't entice U ???

Thanks for showing what can be done to our equipment.
Take care
aRM

Sorry, Africa is not in my plans. But, should you ever make it to Wisconsin, I will be more than happy to entertain you.

RandyM

That is far and away one of the best restorations I have ever seen.

My compliments.

Thank you guys, just having fun. If I can do it, anyone can.

That's just crazy cool Randy! I am in the midst of a rebuild as well. I purchased my B'port VS from a guy that had already done the top end through a rebuild kit from H&W. He also painted the top and gave me the paint and hardener when I bought the mill from him.

I am curious about the type of paint to use. And I really like the blue accents that you used. Nothing like that in any machine shop that I've seen! But then your shop speaks volumes about the level of work that you seem to do. You can really see your heart and soul all around the building.

Brad K.

That machine looks good enough to eat, I would be too afraid to use it and it sure puts mine to shame.
Another project.

Ray

Back