Belts Enco 9X20 Model 110-0816

trainman2

Registered
Registered
I am looking for replacement belts for my Enco 9X20 lathe. (the original are still on there >30yrs old) I purchased a set online but the V-belt does not fit it seems to be too wide. Of course, the Owner's manual does not list a size.
Any suggestions on where to purchase the belts.

Try taking the old belts to a local supplier and have them match the old to a new set.

The 920 may take 3L profile belts
I am not familiar with belt sizing what is 3L profile?
Looking at the owner's manual the cover indicates "Model 110-0818" but the identification plate on the machine is stamped Model 110-0816. Also, the parts diagram lists the V-belt description as M5xL710. I assume the M5 represents 5mm with and 710 as the length. I think the problem is the width of the belt. the original belt measures ~0.172" which converts to 4.368mm (4mm ?). The original belt is on the right in the attached photo. The other one is the replacement which does not work I think it is a M5xL170.

Attachments

• belt..jpg
    belt..jpg
    10 KB · Views: 43
I am not familiar with belt sizing what is 3L profile?
Looking at the owner's manual the cover indicates "Model 110-0818" but the identification plate on the machine is stamped Model 110-0816. Also, the parts diagram lists the V-belt description as M5xL710. I assume the M5 represents 5mm with and 710 as the length. I think the problem is the width of the belt. the original belt measures ~0.172" which converts to 4.368mm (4mm ?). The original belt is on the right in the attached photo. The other one is the replacement which does not work I think it is a M5xL170.
The belt pictured on the right appears to be a timing belt

Take the originals to your local NAPA dealer or similar. Tell them it’s for a machine tool, not automotive. They’ll hook you up.

John

Last edited:
I'm guessing this is too wide also-

Good auto parts suppliers stock many belts and are good at matching what you have. It might cost a little more than buying online but for me, getting what I need on the first try is worth it.

John

Back