Best Quick change for the Mini Lathe

@Ken Does this mean I have to buy a milling machine ;)

There is a rule in hobby machining that "Thou shalt not remain mill-less". You can be without a car because there are buses and trains. You can even be without hair because bald is beautiful nowadays. But to be a hobby machinist, you must have a mill and lathe. Being without one or the other is like trying to run a foot race with only one leg; you can do it but its a major handicap. ;)

I suspect this: 250-007T is what I need.

61vnmNpKdjL._SL1000_ copy.jpg

But at $80 AUD I might wait for ( below ) to arrive and try it, this was something I bought a while ago with a set of tools recommended ( somewhere ).

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 8.03.45 am.png

Paul_CPU,
Bummer, I guess the camera angle in the first picture created an illusion.

My new tooling arrived yesterday evening. Looking forward to trying it today. I would have more fun if I could get out and get some material to work with though!

IMG_1412.jpg
IMG_1411-1.jpg

Well I know I am way off topic here but..these new cutter are so good. It's so much cleaner cutting witht he parting bit and the actual tools cut so well. I am glad I bought those parts, best $150 I spent.

I think now I need a dial indicator. Any suggestions. I am thinking below might be a goer.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
That looks good also. I'll have a think. I have a Mitutoyo micrometer and I like things the same.

Back