Best Way to Mill an Angle?

I need to mill a 7º and 11º angle on the base of a round stand-off. While I could tilt the head of my mill, I'd rather not have to re-tram. What are other ways to hold a round piece in a vise at an angle for milling?

This is what I have:

IMG_1733[1].JPG

This is what I need:
Luggage rack standoffs.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Well, I feel like a real machinist! I spent $300 on tooling and materials, and about 40 hours to save $350 for specialty hardware for my Cobra (oh, and I probably have a couple more hours polishing the stainless so it kinda looks like chrome).

Anyway, thank you for your help. I almost made a sine vise, but my little Palmgren vise's rails were too thin for 1/4" bolts, and I didn't have any smaller hardware handy. After seeing Winegrower's, however, I've added a sine vise to my list, as it would have made easy work out of today's task (and saved me probably 5 hours).

I ended up taking 2 aluminum bars, putting a couple layers of masking tape between them, and boring holes at the right angles. To drill the correct angles, I used a 3/4" drill on one side of my 6" Kurt vise which gave me close to the desired 7.3º. For the 10.7º hole I machined a spacer block out of delrin to prop up one side 1.13", giving me close to the 10.7º angle I needed.
IMG_1741[1].JPG

Here are the stand-offs:
IMG_1740[1].JPG

My next question is how to get a mirror finish on 303 stainless, but I'll post a separate thread on that.

I know I'm a little late with my reply, but I believe this could have been done with the rotary table mod I have for your cut. Take a look. Charlie.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock