[How-To] Bevel corner of a cube.

Just for fun

Tim Young
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I just can't figure out how to do this. I want to bevel all eight corners.

20230722_140155.jpg

Well, I hadn't got that far yet, LOL. I was still trying to figure out how to draw it in Fusion 360.

But very good tip, Thank you.

If your only asking how to draw it. I would create a cube, set the proper X, Y and Z angle, move it into the corner and then use the subtract tool to remove the part of the original cube that is covered by the temp cube you just created
Repeat 7 more time

Well, I hadn't got that far yet, LOL. I was still trying to figure out how to draw it in Fusion 360.

But very good tip, Thank you.
Ahh, how to draw. I don't work in Fusion but in SolidWorks I would first draw a cube. Then I would create a sketch plane using three corners adjacent to the corner I want to bevel, a second sketch plane parallel to the first at a distance from the corner that I will bevel. On that plane, I would sketch a circle and then cut an extrusion away from the center of the cube to make the first bevel.

For subsequent bevels, I would create an axis through the center of the cube and perpendicular to one of the faces of the cube. Then I would create a circular pattern about the axis of the first bevel to bevel all four corners of that face. The final four bevels would be done by using the mirror tool and the plane through the origin parallel to the first face.

The whole process literally took less time than it took to type this.Beveled Cube.JPG

Last edited:
If your only asking how to draw it. I would create a cube, set the proper X, Y and Z angle, move it into the corner and then use the subtract tool to remove the part of the original cube that is covered by the temp cube you just created
Repeat 7 more time

I guess I don't have enough experience yet, I'm not following along. You lost me at setting the proper X, Y and Z angles.

Ahh, how to draw. I don't work in Fusion but in SolidWorks I would first draw a cube. Then I would create a sketch plane using three corners adjacent to the corner I want to bevel, a second sketch plane parallel to the first at a distance from the corner that I will bevel. On that plane, I would sketch a circle and then cut an extrusion away from the center of the cube to make the first bevel.

For subsequent bevels, I would create an axis through the center of the cube and perpendicular to on of the faces of the cube. Then I would create a circular pattern about the axis of the first bevel to bevel all four corners of that face. The final four bevels would be done by using the mirror tool and the plane through the origin parallel to the first face.

The whole process literally took less time than it took to type this.View attachment 454653

Thanks RJ, A sketch plane, I should have thought of that. When I get in the house later this evening I'll see what I can do.

I was just trying to describe an old school version of the sketch plane that RJ demonstrated. I suspect that Fusion can slice on a plane rotated to a specific axis, but I have not done that with Fusion 360 yet. (Easy with Acad12) Good luck

In Fusion, I'd create four axises through opposite corners and then planes perpendicular to those axises to clip each corner. Plane position defined as distance down each axis from the corner point.

Something like that approach should not be to hard to do.

Back