Biggest fish you've ever caught.

Correctamundo....

Lorreto is a nice little town. I spent a lot of time in Puerto Escondito when I had my boat down there. Even had my own mooring. Puerto Escondito has seen big changes since a developer was able to get control of area. Don't know if it is for better or worse. Been 8 years since I was there.

50lb redfish in salt water. 10 guys had $50 each on the biggest fish that day so i took home $450. Tried to get them to do the same on quantity but no takers. That would have been another $450. Just hooked a 5 +/-lb large mouth bass a couple of weeks ago.

how big was the biggest fish you've ever caught? for me an 8-pound largemouth bass.
Very nice Largemouth Peyton! I am originally from PA and I know a bass that size does not come along very often.

My largest freshwater fish is a 31# Chinook:

22C64703-2C60-444E-A39D-49406F05927C.jpeg

...but I did catch a nice Yellow Fin when we were visiting a friend in St. Lucia:

F39FC42C-D5F7-42F3-BE4E-67B7B5F48F89.jpeg

...but my son regularly shows me up. He is a producer for a cable fishing show and gets to fish all over the world. Here are a couple of recent pictures of him with Bluefin tuna:

199670E9-37B5-45F6-82ED-24F5D71C5866.jpeg

22807AD9-3C84-4530-A32F-F4E4AC543E35.jpeg

I want his job!

That's a bucket fish, I'll probably never get, wrong ocean.

5# largemouth bass in a farm pond.
54# opp (flathead) catfish in Toledo Bend Lake, (this one probably shouldn’t count cause I caught him on a trot line with a bare hook).

Chuck

Very nice Largemouth Peyton! I am originally from PA and I know a bass that size does not come along very often.
My friend landed a 12 plus bass there too. A little pound that no one fished. Had big cats and bass and also got a world record rock bass from there and I thought it was a stupid looking bass and didn't have a phone

Freshwater was a 35 lb. mud cat in the St Johns. It was caught on a gig with a hand line but very shallow water.
Saltwater I was working a snapper boat out of Mayport (Fla) Snagged a grouper, but when I got it aboard, only about a foot behind the gills was left. The rest was gone in one bite. What was left was about 16 inches across, but grouper has a large head and small (relative) body.

No photos, neither was a "trophy" get. I may have a photo of the cat, but that was '74 or so.

Back