Book Gloat!!!

The disturbing part is he doesn't have that many -------------------------------- yet.

"Billy G" :roflmao:

On this subject, here is my favorite book. I got it at a library sale when the book had not been checked out in 30 years. This book is impossible to put down once you open the cover, it is "THE ENGINEERS SKETCH BOOK" of mechanical movements, devices. Mine is the 6th edition 1934 by Thomas Walter Barber, printed in London England. Hope you can find it a large state library.

If you look at the bottom of the list of Forums, Nelson or Tony (thanks) added a new one called Sharing Books, so now we have can go there next time you want to Gloat.... This weekend I am going to make up a list and take a few pictures of some of my treasures and add it to the forum.
I think after the info Tony and Nelson and you -all have talked about. Lets not talk about copying them, just trading and sharing is the key to keep the knowledge alive. How you handle the swap should be talked about with eachother in PM's or in regular emails No since in getting site in trouble infringing with copyrights. Everyone have a great TGIF ad weekend. Rich

I have 5,6,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21 and 22 and just added 25 been collection for a while now.

Paul

I just won # 25 so I added it. Opps forgot about #5. :nuts:

Last edited:
This is the ULTIMATE book gloat! I have and closely guard an original "Book of Plates" from "Hodge on the Steam Engine", dated 1841 in a large size format. It contains scale sized stone lithographs of steam engines of all types of that era, including one from the Philadelphia Mint, Boulton & Watt's 20 HP portable engine (all iron, not built into a foundation), several Railroad locomotives, sternwheel and sidewheel steam boats; you name it, it's in there, and has disassembled views to show the internal parts as well; an engine could be built from these drawings. The book of text is a seperate volume that is available online, and a friend printed it out for me and bound it into a hard back book with slip cover. I have had the book of plates for over 40 years now, and paid a couple of hundred for it back then; the seller told me that Swathmore College wanted it back then, but wanted it sent "on approval" which he was not willing to do.

Back