Borescope for the masses ??

The secret of using the cheapies as bore viewers is to have a reflective surface in front of the camera.........the best Ive tried is the white styrofoam bead used as packing......just the level of reflected and diffused light for a good view,and soft enough to push thru with the camera.........without a reflector ,you get what looks like nasty corroded bore is actually the reflections from dust ,fibres etc.......best $12 I ever spent.

Well I'm impressed. My Teslong borescope (see link above in post #1) came in a few days ago and here are some results.
It is a simple plug and play on my macbook using 'photo booth'

Attachments

• Photo on 2019-12-30 at 8.31 AM.jpg
    Photo on 2019-12-30 at 8.31 AM.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Photo on 2019-12-30 at 8.51 AM.jpg
    Photo on 2019-12-30 at 8.51 AM.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Photo on 2019-12-30 at 8.39 AM.jpg
    Photo on 2019-12-30 at 8.39 AM.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Tozguy, like to hear how experience with that Teslong holds up for you. I looked at the reviews on the Apple app store for the image viewing app and they were not good. Looks like people mostly saying the scope worked fine but lots of problems with the app, trouble with getting it to connect etc. Thanks for posting!

My scope came with three different connectors. I used the standard USB one into my MacBook Air which has the app 'Photo Booth'
After opening Photo Booth there was a delay before the image from the borescope appeared.
None of the three jacks that came with the borescope will fit my iPhone 6 but with the Macbook it was simple plug and play. I will take a photo of the manual that shows the options for my model of borescope in case it might help someone here.

One of the jacks fits an iPad pro 11 but I have not tried to connect the borescope to it.
Anyway please let me know if I can help further.

Attachments

• IMG_0643.JPG
    IMG_0643.JPG
    378.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0644.JPG
    IMG_0644.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 22
I can see why it might take some practise to use this borescope to its full potential. The focus for different bore sizes is a bit tricky but once you understand the principal it works fine. The focus might change as the camera is rotated in the bore but this is an easy problem to avoid with a piece of Scotch tape. The focusing eyepiece on a Hawkeye is more practical. and user friendly.
I am definitely happy with the Teslong for the price and consider it to be good value. I look forward to completing the learning curve in short order.

Went to order the Iphone version on Amazon today, darn it it is out of stock. Gets great reviews.
Roy

Roy, did you see a price for the iPhone or the wifi version?

I ordered the WiFi version today. It works with Iphone and Android. It will be in stock on 01/14/2020. The price is $74.99 US dollars with free shipping since I am a prime member. This is the first time Amazon has let me pre-order a product that is not in stock.

Roy

I also got an email from Teslong after I asked them when it will be in stock , very fast to reply even though they were off line:
Deear Roy,

Sorry.

The NTG100W has a serious shortage.

They are under transportation to USA.

Please have a check next Thursday.

Thank you.
Wishing you & your family beautiful holiday season and a new year of peace,happiness and success from the the team at Teslong.

Best Regards

Joanna-Teslong

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/xiaona.tang.33

Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/TeslongUS/

Whatsapp:008613926588514

=======================

Teslong Technology Co., Ltd.

Email: support@teslong.com

Back