Boring tool

Can anyone help me out with how to remove this Beaver quick change boring head adaptor #64 from the 3" Criterion boring head. I tried with a spanner I made but it did not budge. I don't know if it's left or right hand threaded. I haven't heated it or used a pipe wrench on it not wanting to damage it. I was unable to find any info on line. The head is in nice shape, so I would like to make use of it if possible. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Charlie.View attachment 436727View attachment 436728View attachment 436729View attachment 436730View attachment 436731
Depending on how badly you want it off and how much you are willing to work at it, I might try drilling out a piece of bar stock (maybe 4140 stock.) At one end mill two drive dogs. At the other end weld on a good size nut that you can get an air impact on. Then I would try putting the boring head in a four-jaw chuck protecting it with copper to prevent marring. (The chuck can be on a workbench to avoid impact on lathe spindle bearings.) Then try both directions back and forth. Sometimes impact will loosen things that even destructive force won’t.

Weld a very large nut to end or mill it into hex shape.

Or get an impact socket that will slip over the end from HF and weld it to the shaft.

Impact gun and have at it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Back