Bp Series 1 Coolant Drains On Table

That picture was the first google hit, Ace Hardware. All of the auto parts stores carry them, about $15. I have a couple on the shelf.

Jim,

What if someone were to get one of those inexpensive misters from eBay and bought this to provide the air? Heck you can just run the misting hose right into a small plastic bottle...

The pic says $39.95 however the real price on the web site is $28.95 !

The little $28 air compressor is CRAP ! It arrived this afternoon. When I took it out of the box you could hear parts rattling around inside. When I plugged it in and turned it on all it did was hum.
View attachment 138424

Soooooo.... Now that I have established that it is a POS... I am looking at this little pump selling for $89.00. I can use it for the misting setup and for my airbrushes.

Campbell Hausfeld CT100100AV - 1 Gallon Hand-Carry Air Compressor

Specifications:
  • 125 Max PSI
  • 0.7 SCFM @ 90 PSI
  • 3 year limited warranty

t24726-17ab4d3d849455d2f44a9c76a0a8d6f7.jpg

I've found those little compressors to be pretty noisy and they cycle a lot because of the tank size. It will probably be better if you could set it in another part of your shop so you don't have to listen to it. You might find that a mister uses more volume than pressure and a larger compressor that could be used all over your shop be more useful in the long run.

As to draining the Bridgeport, could you drill a drain hole in the front of the table and plumb it from there?

As to draining the Bridgeport, could you drill a drain hole in the front of the table and plumb it from there?

I could, but I am not sure I want to take up that task. I have a really bad back and I would have to use a hand drill and muscle.

I have not had a chance to take a closer look on the backside. From what I did check out very briefly, a barb fitting might either stick out above the DRO rod or I can get an EL that will drop down in front of the rod. But that was from just sticking my fingers up in there.

I've found those little compressors to be pretty noisy and they cycle a lot because of the tank size. It will probably be better if you could set it in another part of your shop so you don't have to listen to it. You might find that a mister uses more volume than pressure and a larger compressor that could be used all over your shop be more useful in the long run.

Yes the diaphragm compressors are very noisy. The ones that I have considered are piston driven and generally a bit quieter. Of course with the mill running at the same time it may not matter that much.

This one is a:

Single Piston Motor: Maintenance free, oil-less and quiet operation (47 db). I found it on the Master Airbrush site.

Master Compressor.png

I was curious what the equivalent of 47 db was and I found this info on the web.

Intensities of common sounds in decibels and time exposure limits

Sounds Intensities Permissible exposure time
City Traffic, inside the car 85 dB 8 hours
Bulldozer 88 dB 4 hours
Jazz Concert 91 dB 2 hours
Power Mower 94 dB 1 hour
Nightclub 97 dB 30 minutes
Ambulance Siren, inside driver window down 100 dB 15 minutes
Rock Concert, Leaf Blower 115 dB 30 seconds
Here is a list of common noises and their decibel levels:

• Aircraft at take-off (180)
  • Fireworks (140)
  • Snowmobile (120)
  • Chain saw (110)
  • Amplified music (110)
  • Lawn mower (90)
  • Noisy office (90)
  • Vacuum cleaner (80)
  • City traffic (80)
  • Normal conversation (60)
  • Refrigerator humming (40)
  • Whisper (20)
  • Leaves rustling (10)
  • Calm breathing (10)

Anyone know off of the top of their head what the thread size is on the table drains?

I think all of the ones that I have seen are 1/2 inch NPT

Back