[4]

Bridgeport Availability In Your Part Of This Country

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

randyjaco

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
There are plenty of them here in the Houston area. Anywhere from $1-5k for the real thing. Clones are about the same.
Randy

dmittz

Registered
I'm envious of all you guys down on the east coast of the states.

I live in south western british columbia canada, There wasn't much going on here 60 years ago so I'm guessing that is why there is almost no older machinery here. Maybe one decent BP type mill comes up locally each year for way too much money and sells the same day. I looked for a BP type mill for 1.5 years and ended up having to drive a couple hours into washington state to finally get a mill. Ended up getting a nice Wells-Index for $2000, I'm happy.

I'm guessing I'm in the worst machinery desert in North America here, glad I found a mill at all.

Dabbler

Administrator
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
dmittz, you have to try Calgary. I bought my mill and my surface grinder in Delta, B.C., because there is *nothing* here worth buying.

Mind you, I paid nearly 3K for my mill, and over 2K for the SG.

dmittz

Registered
Ya I bet it is even worse there. I also had to go to seattle to pick up my South bend 13 lathe, although I did mange to find my 9a locally. Sure would be nice to have a selection of old iron nearby. Oh well.

[6]
[5] [7]