Bridgeport DRO Scale recommendations

If you order travel length 200mm, 300mm, 500mm, the total length are 340mm, 440mm, 640mm,
The scale is 140mm longer than the travel.. remember to read sellers listing..

Looks like we have twin BPs. And mine were 950mm along with the 140mm additional.
Is your travel on your BP 36"?
Can you provide a link from whence you ordered yours from?
Mine mounted came out dead center on the drain holes. (Don't that figure?)
Take a look up at my post #9, first link. It was all in there, pictures and all.
The trials and tribulations of ordering a DRO.
I also got lost and confused when ordering mine, had a extra 1.4" due to paranoia.

Hey Middle road... I checked the travel for you and on a 42" table, I have just under 24" of travel. On the Y axis, I have about 10" and can still use my drain holes. I did have to shorten this scale and could have gone shorter too.

Here is the Y installed. The brackets here are my first attempt at milling anything. It works perfect!
Same on the Y axis. I could have cut an inch or two off it, but thought why risk it twice!

The Z is up next. It's going on this same side and all the cables will travel together. Easy as pie!
Hold on, something is not adding up in my mind here.
In your OP you mention that you've got a 9"x48".
That should give you:
A 'X' Axis Travel of 36"
and
A 'Y' Axis Travel of 12"
If you're down to 24" on the 'X' and 10" on the 'Y' you're risking crashing the read heads on the scales.
And if you do have a 42" table and not the 48" you should still have 30" of travel in 'X'.

That's what the problem was on the original DRO that came on my mill, they had install a 30" travel scale and the head was mangled.

It's not like this is the first time anyone has done this before. I would have figured it should be old hat by now. (This table, this knee, buy this... )

I'm with you there, you'd think with the number of actual (let alone clone) Bridgeports out there, it'd be a simple matter of "this is the DRO, and hey here are some brackets" instead of everybody re-inventing the wheel each time.

The main thing preventing me from putting a DRO on the Bridgeport is that it will be a Project. Like I need another.

Back