Bridgeport Series 1 Boss3 LinuxCNC Conversion

It is time that I write up the whole documentation. Here is the first cut of metal.
The novelty of watching my CNC mills do their thing on their own has still not worn off on me! It's like watching your kids do something special; brings a smile to my face every time. Congrats on the great retrofit.

Bruce

How is this going?
I found out that my motor was wired for 440V, and that is most likely what was causing it to stall and breaking endmills. Got that fixed.
I'm still trying to get a touch probe working. Typical open source stuff. Most projects are complete enough for the person that started it, and documentation is the source code. But, I'm working through it, and I think I'm close. Had to tear down one of the electronics enclosures to get the computer out and take it to my office so I'd have a network connection. While I had it out, I installed a bluetooth dongle, so that it can connect to my phone. I'll have networking that way in the future.

Other than that, I need to move the Enco mill out of the way, and move the Boss3 in. I want to finish up the bases for the indexer project before I do that, though. I'm almost done with that.

I've worked out just about every kink in this system, and I'm ready to call it complete. However, instead of doing a comprehensive write-up, I've decided to do a series of videos. I think it will be more comprehensive. The first installment is at:

Back