Broken IGaging scale

Thank you everyone for your input and advice. I finally got a chance to go out and play about a bit more with them tonight. I had already (I thought) thoroughly cleaned them, but that hadn’t worked. I thought I’d give it another go tonight, and ended up snapping both ends off the wire that connects the electronics board to the metal strip that connects to the scale

After a bit of soldering and a bunch more cleaning, I put it back together and it works!!

No idea if it was the cleaning or getting a better contact on the newly soldered wire (it’s a very thin piece of wire badly connected to start with) that fixed it, but all seems ok now.

I’d agree that glass scales seem more robust, but I wanted to go the touchDRO route….. and they were cheaper ;)

3d8356bcd22a89ffdd8d7c0391571182.jpg

(This pic is very much just testing it out. This is the first scale attached and I’ve not decided where the im going to route the wires or attach the box)

Thanks again for all of your input and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started having some issues with my Z-Axis iGaging SS Absolute scale/readout a few months after installation: swapping out the readout didn’t help so I replaced both (didn’t try just changing the read head). I have since switched to the latest version of TouchDRO and haven’t had any issues. I initially traded a lot of emails with Yuriy so was prepared to make modifications to the read heads, but nothing was required.

The TouchDRO website (https://www.touchdro.com/resources/) has a lot of info on scales that is helpful even if you aren’t using TouchDRO.

Back