Bronze

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
There is a piece of bearing bronze about 2" diameter and over 3 ft long sitting in a surplus store about 25 minutes drive from me. I've been passing on it for over a year. I know it's a good buy at $150. No way can I get it anywhere else for anything close to that price. I know I'll use it but that is a chunk of money to put on the shelf as stock.

I think it's time to bite the bullet.

I'm building my inventory of material because I believe their may be a time soon that material could be hard to get. Especially at anything resembling a really good deal. I look at it like a savings account.

Anyone share my ideas on stocking material?

I have been doing that for the past couple years and have a piece of brass about that same size I am looking to get for the same reason.

There is a piece of bearing bronze about 2" diameter and over 3 ft long sitting in a surplus store about 25 minutes drive from me. I've been passing on it for over a year. I know it's a good buy at $150. No way can I get it anywhere else for anything close to that price. I know I'll use it but that is a chunk of money to put on the shelf as stock.

I'm building my inventory of material because I believe their may be a time soon that material could be hard to get. Especially at anything resembling a really good deal. I look at it like a savings account.

why not offer less, it's been sitting on his shelf, time to move it.

Yes, I believe higher quality materials will be carefully monitored/sold, if available at all.
The quality of the most common steels is fluctuating and it can be difficult to have confidence in its suitability. I believe lower quality materials will also become more difficult to aquire.
Some of the fresh new round materials I have seen act laminated and are barely round.

Back