Brown and Sharpe 618 Micromaster Hydraulic Table Help Please

For those who have one of these or may be interested, the," Operation and Maintenance guide" printed by Brown and Sharpe, for this series of grinder, has a procedure for adjusting the table dogs that contact the, contact rollers on the reversing lever. They are preset from the factory, B&S go into detail on the proper adjustment if you ever need to remove them or if they come loose.
I took them off when I cleaned it up so I have them all out of whack.
Maybe i'll get lucky.

For those who have one of these or may be interested, the," Operation and Maintenance guide" printed by Brown and Sharpe, for this series of grinder, has a procedure for adjusting the table dogs that contact the, contact rollers on the reversing lever. They are preset from the factory, B&S go into detail on the proper adjustment if you ever need to remove them or if they come loose.
I took them off when I cleaned it up so I have them all out of whack.
Maybe i'll get lucky.
"Never Give Up"

I thought I had it!
I adjusted the ramps in toward the table then made sure they were parallel to the table, as instructed.
At one point the table cycled perfectly for over a dozen times then started jogging every few times.
I’m definitely on to something.
I’ll get this!9DB65D4E-2AD5-4AB0-AC8B-7B1579E01165.jpeg9A38E53E-C629-427C-AA06-4697A3A5CF31.jpeg09A0A9EA-9B68-4059-8083-250D06719900.jpeg

I haven't had the time to mess with the 618 yet Jeff . I'm following along just in case I run into trouble with it , but it was running and I sure don't plan on taking it apart . :)

If I turn down the table speed it works fine.
I felt the reversing lever had a bit of tension, (wanted to spring back) for just a split second causing it to jog.
I think the hydraulic flow or pressure is low, that’s why it works on slow speed.
Hard to explain, it’s something I could feel holding the directional or reversing lever.
Don’t know how to increase pressure or flow??
It works, let’s move on.

This is one of those things that the more I was around it the more I'd get a feel for. It also might something that would iron out with use. Interesting thread.

As a side note, Mr. Bemnychree (John York) owns one of these. We have been discussing the lubrication system.
On the RH side of the base casting there is a cover that contains another lubrication filter housing.
I found out the back one is the lubrication filter, the front one is the hydraulics filter.
The hydraulic filter is a wool insert of sorts, the back one is a screen and gasket/seal kit.
I had previously replaced both these filters with the wool kit.
This morning I changed the back one out to the proper screen.
To my surprise, it was dry. Then I noticed a pipe going in and an opening with no plug or pipe on the other side.
Obviously this one is not used.
The hydraulics and the lubrication system is all pressurized and operating without this back filter.
?? Learn something new every day.

?? Learn something new every day.

??? This is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy. Does this mean it was modified? Was it discontinued? Some weird dash model/sub model? Very early before the filter was incorporated? Or that the manual is just a "guide" and you're on your own buddy. Reminds me of certain Italian cars I was forced to work on :(

That's a good question. The hydraulics schematic does not show the second filter.
Why is it there?
John, does yours complete a circuit?

Back