Building my last shop

Plenty of the wet stuff heading your way . SC is getting blasted right now with tornado warnings . Remnants of Sally .

Yeah Dave it has been raining all day here. Not hard but just steady so no flooding at the site yet. Rain gage says an inch right now.

Off and on down hear in Surfside as well . We are getting slammed at the moment .

What’s that blue and white background all about? ;)
Glad to see this getting dried in. It’s been too long in coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the weather has been pretty decent lately. It did rain yesterday for the first time and we got 2 inches.

Good to see someone actually using rebar. That 6,6-10,10 WWM isn't worth putting in. It ends up too near the bottom and is subject to rusting very quickly. I've taken a lot of concrete out and seen the results. You can buy plastic rebar chairs really cheap to hold it at the CL of the pour. Always use curing compound or keep it wet for at least a week.

Thanks Larry. I figured all it could do was help, can't hurt.

The fiber that I have experience with is fine, long, and leaves "hair" on a broom finish. That stuff works. The fiber they mixed in here looks like rice, it's short, thick bundles of fibers, and I'm not convinced it does anything. I do think mesh would have helped against cracking. This was my recent experience, a cautionary tale. There was too much going on during my shop build that I didn't keep up with my own thread... Please message me with questions on my build, I don't want to hog up space in NCjeeper's project thread :barbershop:.
Yeah Pontiac. I always felt rebar was needed but read many forums where others said fiber is enough.
Your post confirms what I always felt... And if and when I do a build... Rebar it is.

Back