Building my last shop

If you run across one at a good deal and have the room grab it. They are limited in what they can do and became somewhat obsolete when the vertical mill was invented.

I've got one of the benchtop Ammcos. I'd love to have a full-sized one but I can barely get into the shop as it is.

If you have the room, a shaper is great. You can set it up to true flats while you have the mill and/or doing other work. If you do any slotting or v-ways, same thing. Dovetails and T-slots, well, use the special cutter on the mill. Once of the nice things about the shaper: as long as you got a grinder handy, you never have to wait on delivery of a cutting tool for the job.

Of course Mr. Murphy had to show up. Got the trailer unloaded and everything laid out. Turn on the air compressor and plug up my air framing nailer. The nailer starts pissing out air. Oh wonderful. Take it apart and a seal has rotted into pieces. So I get to nail all this together by hand.
GOPR4440.JPG
Getting it done but taking forever. Don't want to waste these nice days. I got a seal rebuild kit ordered.

I am afraid that when I finally get to pull my pneumatic tools out once I get my shop up, that I will find much the same thing, that most of the seals will need to be replaced.

Actually have had similar issues with some of my electric tools that I pulled out of storage and found to not work. Didn't have time to break down, assume it might have been brushes so off to HF for something to get the job done.

I would be hammering those together as you have had to wait far too long to get your shop done. Thankfully, it isn't a large room that you are boxing in and you only have two walls. At least you can get them up and start running the wire.

Of course Mr. Murphy had to show up. Got the trailer unloaded and everything laid out. Turn on the air compressor and plug up my air framing nailer. The nailer starts pissing out air. Oh wonderful. Take it apart and a seal has rotted into pieces. So I get to nail all this together by hand.
View attachment 345291
Getting it done but taking forever. Don't want to waste these nice days. I got a seal rebuild kit ordered.
I feel your pain. I have a Bostitch framing nailer and trim nailer with bad O-rings. On my list of good intentions to pull them apart and replace the rings. There are some good videos on YouTube showing the process. Kicker is, I have a Jet brad nailer and a Harbor Freight pinner/stapler from the same timeframe (close to 30 years ago) that both work fine.

Bruce

Swinging that 32oz framing hammer will make a man of you. A man with a sore arm, and shoulder.:grin: Shop is looking good. Planning on some storage area above the office? Cheers, Mike

View attachment 345291

Impact drill and 3" wood screws............

Back